I hate Royal Mail

Man of Honour
OP
Yes but you know full well what you would have said if this was someone elses thread and it wouldn't have been Royal Mails Fault.

Actually I've commented in RM threads on the issue of their compensation policies in the past and my opinion remains unchanged :)

Associate
The moral here is:-
Why do Royal Mail ask you to send something of value in a pre-paid envelope, then put on their website (simplydrop) that you should send it special delivery if it's valuable?

They know how much your phone is worth after you fill out an online valuation form, so if it's over £40, why not ensure the sender has to send it special delivery.

Should be a moot point though, as in effect, they are delivering it to themselves.

Soldato
I still don't know how the RM staff have got the guts to keep striking.

IMHO if you're not happy with the pay rise (in this climate they're still refusing offered pay rises?? are they mad?? there's 2.5 million unemployed people out there who, I'm sure with a little training, can carry a bag and put letters through peoples doors!) then go somewhere else. Do what the oil refinery did and sack the lot of them then rehire the decent ones on the proviso that this is what they'll be paid.

I felt sorry for the fire service when they went on strike and anyone who risks life and limb has my full support for extra money. However, people pushing letters through doors is hardly hard-work.

M.

Soldato
Know how much it sucks when things go wrong, by comparison, i ordered something from poland thursday, it got dispatched friday and arrived monday morning.

I also ordered something from the jersey retailer last monday, it was dispatched wednesday, still not arrived!

Associate
Been lucky to never had anything go missing, but things can and do get delayed, given the current backlog, i would wait abit longer before you think all is lost

Back
Top Bottom