I hate Royal Mail

Man of Honour
The purpose of this thread is simply to allow me to rant so I can feel better.

I hate Royal Mail. I decided to use their Simply Drop service to get rid of my N95 8Gb - they offered £140. Nice.

They sent me a prepaid postage bag and said just pop it in and drop it in the post box.

Well no thanks - I'll pop it in but I'll send it recorded just so I can see it gets there.

It left on the 8th September. It's yet to arrive - because Royal Mail have lost it. I say lost, it's probably been stolen given the ridiculous amount of LOOK THERE IS A MOBILE PHONE IN HERE advertising on the bag they supplied.

And the best bit? Because I didnt give them extra money to protect myself against their incompetence I'll get 37 quid back. Great.

Thats a bit like me asking to borrow your car, smashing it up, and then refusing to pay for it because you didnt pay for 'I am a retard' insurance.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

GeX

GeX

Soldato
should've sent it with appropiate insurance, if you want to compare it to cars then your rant is liking complaining that a TPFT policy won't pay for your car to be repaired after you've crashed it into someone else.. just becuase you didn't pay the extra for the appropiate insurance.

Soldato
Isn't there massive postal delays affecting the entire country at the moment, something like 9 - 25 million parcels delayed? (the number varies depending on who you ask...)

I only caught the last bit of the news, so I am not sure it was refering to royal mail or not.

Man of Honour
OP
should've sent it with appropiate insurance, if you want to compare it to cars then your rant is liking complaining that a TPFT policy won't pay for your car to be repaired after you've crashed it into someone else.. just becuase you didn't pay the extra for the appropiate insurance.

Well no, as in your example it is my fault damage occured to the vehicle. I didn't leave the vehicle in somebody elses care :)

I paid them for a service and they lost my property - it wasn't damaged by factors outside their control.

Soldato
Get another phone bag from them, send it from a PO box and write "do not open" on it. Put item of choice inside - dog turd, simple note, nailbomb...

Man of Honour
Send an item with the appropriate insurance. This is Royal Mail we're talking about.

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who think it's wiser to save on postage. Still, hopefully lesson learnt.

GeX

GeX

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14942524 said:
Well no, as in your example it is my fault damage occured to the vehicle. I didn't leave the vehicle in somebody elses care :)

I paid them for a service and they lost my property - it wasn't damaged by factors outside their control.

fair enough, but you still only paid for insurance cover for far less than the parcel was worth.

Man of Honour
OP
I just cannot get my head around how retarded it is you should have to pay a firm extra to safeguard yourself against that same firms incompetence. To insure yourself against factors outside their control, sure..

Soldato

Not quite the same. I hate the fact you trust them to deliver your mail and they know how bad they are at doing it they charge you for their incompetence. you couldn't dream up a better legal scam if you tried.

Man of Honour
I sent off two phones a couple of weeks ago and it took about a week to get the money though (£40). I wasn't too keen sending them in that flimsy packet though.

Soldato
Well I guess you've learnt your lesson now. If this thread helps one other person not make that mistake, that's a good thing.

All the horror stories I read on here about postage, Royal Mail and ebay etc, have led me to never ever send an item uninsured.

Man of Honour
OP
Good little earner - profit from peoples fear that you'll trash their stuff. Not bad.

I should start a removal company and charge an extra tenner to cover yourself against me selling your stuff on Ebay for a laugh.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14942544 said:
I just cannot get my head around how retarded it is you should have to pay a firm extra to safeguard yourself against that same firms incompetence. To insure yourself against factors outside their control, sure..

It is a little insane really if you think about it. It's basically saying "we have so much faith in our service... and we know you do too, that we offer a protection service!"

Thing is though, the world ain't perfect in matters like this. :(

GeX

GeX

Soldato
you joke about that but it wouldn't suprise if the cheaper removal companies don't have any sort of liability insurance to cover any damage they may do to your stuff, where as a more expensive company might well have

Back
Top Bottom