i just got dead space 2 but i'm so disappointed

Soldato
Gareth, I am off work for a second day without a voice - some horrible bug. However I am dropping Special Effect the details.

I'd like to suggest that the OcUK forum community holds a fund-raiser - possibly a 24hr gaming spree, promo giveaway, old PC parts auction etc to get a system sorted.

It's also great to see that Capper is also getting his wish of a higher state of awareness for this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-08-disabled-gamer-promised-dead-space-2-fix

Soldato
Gareth, I am off work for a second day without a voice - some horrible bug. However I am dropping Special Effect the details.

I'd like to suggest that the OcUK forum community holds a fund-raiser - possibly a 24hr gaming spree, promo giveaway, old PC parts auction etc to get a system sorted.

It's also great to see that Capper is also getting his wish of a higher state of awareness for this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-08-disabled-gamer-promised-dead-space-2-fix

It would be nice to arrange that. I'd love to get involved. :)

Associate
It's fantastic that this problem is now being noticed by developers. Gareth you are truly inspirational.

Signed

All the best!

Soldato
signed the petition. surely someone could help you modify a mouse to make it do what you want? there are some great electrical people on here who can help im sure. sorry i cant help with that, last time i tried to mod a device (psx) i almost wrecked it! :(

i also hope you can get games devs to allow us to remap all keys, just like on many pc games for older times

Soldato
signed the petition. surely someone could help you modify a mouse to make it do what you want? there are some great electrical people on here who can help im sure. sorry i cant help with that, last time i tried to mod a device (psx) i almost wrecked it! :(

i also hope you can get games devs to allow us to remap all keys, just like on many pc games for older times

I'm currently in the process of attempting to modify a mouse identical to the one that Gareth has so that all five buttons on the top are usable, rather than just three. Hopefully that will be helpful, at least in the short-term. :)

Soldato
i have a logitech mx3200 wireless mouse and keyboard for when sat on the couch playing pc games. im pretty sure all can be reconfigured. although i think middle mouse button couldnt for some odd reason (when its pressed down). i only looked briefly though.

fair play to you JHeaton! one of the world's good guys! :)

Soldato
So, how are you coping with your new found fame? :)

It's nice to see people including developers taking note of this problem that has been around for years.

I guess able-bodied gamers only get a small taster of what it's like whenever they damage an arm / hand / wrist and play with 1 hand, I know it makes most games very frustrating, would be great to assign all main actions to the mouse.

Soldato
on a side note, has anyone seen the guitar players on youtube with no arms.

sometimes you see things that put your life into perspective and really make you feel humanity isnt so bad afterall! it certainly makes me feel like my problems arent really problems after all.

Soldato
The petition is well on it's way to surpass 25k signatures today. How does that feel Chuck ? :)

Edit: Just remembered that most of America will still be in bed lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi Gareth,

I'm a developer from Visceral Games Australia, the studio responsible for the PC port of Dead Space 2. Sorry to hear about your issue - I've spoken with a few key people here and we'll do our best to include a fix for it in the next patch.

In the mean time, please PM me.

Cheers!
Michael

Bump to make sure it's not missed!

Kudo's to Garath and the OcUK Community for all of this! It truely is amazing how fast this has grown and how far it's gone with regards to the media and game publishers/developers.

Makes me proud to be a member here! :)

Back
Top Bottom