I love Final Fantasy XV

Permabanned
I enjoyed all the previous games but FFXV was awful, I forced myself through it on the PS4 because it's a FF game but I'll never play it again.

The combat is truly awful, the characters are unlikable so it's difficult to care about their back stories and the game world feels empty and boring.

There are some elements of FF but it's like somebody sucked the life of the series.

Who the hell thought four guys traveling round in a black car doing random quests was fun idea? It's just not. :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah played this on PS4 and it's really not very good. Boring, repetitive quests and rubbish combat system. There is a really awful stealth section as well which is where I quit.

FF XII however was awesome and I definitely will be buying at some point. Not at the current price though!

Associate
mine crashes on the car pushing part too.

what spec is your PC curious if it's similar to mine has hardly anyone reporting the same crash we are having
It’s i7 3770k at 4,5Ghz evga 1080ti ftw3 16gb 1866Mhz mems and game is on ssd, mine crashed when vram went close to 11gb. But what annoys me more is that my dual shock dont work im like its ps4 game ffs.

Soldato
It’s i7 3770k at 4,5Ghz evga 1080ti ftw3 16gb 1866Mhz mems and game is on ssd, mine crashed when vram went close to 11gb. But what annoys me more is that my dual shock dont work im like its ps4 game ffs.

A few people reporting setting page file to Windows managed. Also to try turning assets to OFF which I think is 4k textures. I'm gonna play with the setting tonight but my ram has 8gb free and the 1080ti is only reaching 8.5gb vram usage. Possible that the page file is the issue but highly unlikely.

Associate
Managed to get ds4 working, didn’t know you have to enable it, never had to do this for ff10 or 12. Game keep crashing on car scene as soon as card reach over 10,5gb of vram, switching assets of didn't make a difference.
Ill keep trying

Soldato
I played the demo last night. I'll definitely pick up the game.

FF games are mad, and certainly not for everyone, but if you love em, you love em!...And I do feel in the mood for a FF type of game.

I just realised, although I love FF7 and 8 to death, and have put an insane amount of hours in to the over the years, I haven't really bothered with many of the others...I think I might have completed 9, but wasn't bothered with it. Got half way through 10, but not played any others at all

Soldato
Managed to get ds4 working, didn’t know you have to enable it, never had to do this for ff10 or 12. Game keep crashing on car scene as soon as card reach over 10,5gb of vram, switching assets of didn't make a difference.
Ill keep trying

i've figured mine out, turned of assets and set TRAM to high instead of highest (TRAM is the amount of buffered textures stored on the gpu apparently)

Soldato
I played the demo last night. I'll definitely pick up the game.

FF games are mad, and certainly not for everyone, but if you love em, you love em!...And I do feel in the mood for a FF type of game.

I just realised, although I love FF7 and 8 to death, and have put an insane amount of hours in to the over the years, I haven't really bothered with many of the others...I think I might have completed 9, but wasn't bothered with it. Got half way through 10, but not played any others at all

Currently having a ball with FFXII Zodiac, can recommend it.

Soldato
Can't move save over but that's not too much hassle,

Runs well for the most part with everything on max @ 3440x1440, so far I've only noticed the fps drop twice and that's when a cutscene is about to kick in.

Associate
Do you keep progress from the demo or full reset come launch?

Been looking forward to this and will try it out over weekend to see how it runs.

I am pretty sure it says when you play the demo that the progress does not carry on.

I am not sure how much I want to play the demo because of this.

Back
Top Bottom