I love Final Fantasy XV

Soldato
The Final Fantasy games have completely passed me by. I tried the demo and it has peaked my interest, but theres no way i'm dropping £35 on it as i'm not sure i'll like it that much. Is there another game in the series worth checking out as an introduction to the series? Or are they all very different to each other?

Soldato
The Final Fantasy games have completely passed me by. I tried the demo and it has peaked my interest, but theres no way i'm dropping £35 on it as i'm not sure i'll like it that much. Is there another game in the series worth checking out as an introduction to the series? Or are they all very different to each other?

Most of them have a similar combat mechanic, but the storyline is unique to each and every one of them.

From what I gather XV is very different to the others, so I am not sure if there is a proper introductory one.

The 'go to' FF seems to be VII though, and thats relatively cheap and on sale at the moment on Steam. It might push your interest.

Associate
Have this pre loaded on steam. Annoying that its out now if you want it for free though! They should just unlock it now its cracked.

Soldato
What broadband package are you that's insane.

7086565009.png

VM, handy for when downloading new games.

If the cracked version has been released it is a shame that they don't bring the unlock forward, If I remember correctly one game did when it got leaked early but that's going back several years.

Soldato
I thought it was 150Gb for the 4k textures? Also, need to decide if I am going to use mouse and keyboard or get a controller....

Only time I've seen that mentioned is in this thread, unless something changes at launch I'd imagine there already in the files at 75GB but compressed until preload unpacks them.

I've been using KB+M on the demo but the map and other bits are tempting me to get the pad back out for the first time in years.

Soldato

Everyone raves about FFVII, but it's pretty dated now. FFX might be a good introduction.

Soldato
CDkeys delivered and now I am preloading......a hefty sum of 75.5gb.

I think the only game that I have that clocks more than that is GOW4.....that sits at around 120gb if I remember correctly.

Soldato
I think I'll wait with replaying the game on PC for the most complete experience as I've heard they're planning to expand the story and content with additional patches and DLC throughout 2018.

I don't know what it is about the game that makes me want to play it again. I found it an underdeveloped, repetitive and pretty flawed experience on the PS4, yet somehow I still enjoyed it mostly:p

I'd really like to give it a second run with all the story/content patches and proper performance but I want to wait till they at least announce their DLC/patches plans to see whether it's anything significant.

Back
Top Bottom