I love Final Fantasy XV

Soldato
It's live!

Cant seem to get my controller to work with it though :( Edit: Working Now...

Also seems more stable than the demo with frame rate which is nice.

Last edited:
Associate
Runs and looks great but the interface is incredibly bad!!

Hope it works better with a controller over KB+M. Will try it tomorrow, playtime is over for tonight :(

Soldato
Controller is definately an improvement over KB+M I'm hoping they hotfix in some tweaks to make using KB+M ok I haven't used a pad in years and I can't get comfy using one now.

Runs fine with everything turned on @ 3440x1440 getting average of 60fps with the odd drop when in combat which is noticeable even with gsync on.

Two hours in and after running round the first map doing everything but the level 38 boss that's me done for tonight, can see this being a proper time sink.

Soldato
I bought it on PS4 last week and have only played it for about 30 mins but my first impressions of the game weren't great. The real time combat seems pretty clunky?

Soldato
my ps4 controller works without installing any 3rd party software although vibrate is not worrking. I'm getting around 95fps on high but decided to run highest setting and locking it at 60fps but getting random frame drops and freeze. I fixed the problem by setting the fps back to 120 and limiting the fps to 60 using rivatuner.

Soldato
They need to patch what's causing the odd drops especially in combat or when a new map is loading up.

FYI: You can spend a hour fishing and not get the level to raise at all, you need to fish for however long you want then go camp to get the skill to level, I didn't find this out and thought I'd bugged fishing.

Soldato
From what I remembr from my PS4 playthrough, you won't level at all without camping unless it's the end of a chapter. You'll just amass points for the characters.

There's a trick to level up faster later on if you want to cut down on grinding.

Associate
From what I remembr from my PS4 playthrough, you won't level at all without camping unless it's the end of a chapter. You'll just amass points for the characters.

There's a trick to level up faster later on if you want to cut down on grinding.

Yes i see myself spending hours on fishing

Soldato
I run 1080p at high with around 70-90fps on a stock 7700k and GTX980.

I would imagine a GTX 1080 to run 1440p 60+fps fine with high settings.

The recommended specs for 4k is 1080ti

The recommended specs for 1080p is 3770 and a gtx1060

Associate
I managed to run the demo at 4k with the setting as far as they would go with occasional mid 50 drops in fps on a 1080ti. I noticed in the demo that the spatial sound was greyed out and I presume this was the dolby atmos setting as the demo was not using atmos on my avr, can anyone confirm that the full game uses full dolby atmos or does it just use the headphone version like overwatch?

Back
Top Bottom