1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I received a really bizarre letter at my business today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tang0, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Jokester

Don

This thread is actually the top hit if you search for "Ciaran Hinds Letter".

Slightly odd.

2. LuckyBenski

Mobster

You should know. Your dad fancies him for a living?

:D

3. Pawnless Endgame

Capodecina

This thread is obviously a wind-up from Hurfdurf.

Hurfdurf wrote that letter.

Hurfdurf is the OP.

Hurfdurf created the new signups (known as sockpuppet accounts) in this thread.

4. tanya krofchak

Associate

Where a small hairdressers in Grimsby, North east Lincolnshire and recieved the same letter today??!!! Very strange and disturbing! Any update on this? Slightly worried...

5. vanandjuanunited

Soldato

Worried about what exactly :p

6. Jambo

Soldato

There's one in Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire.

7. Ellie123456789

Associate

We’ve just had a letter today at a cafe in cleethorpes!

8. Unicorn

Mobster

Grimsby.. Cleethorpes.

There onto me!

Also slightly concerning that its getting mailed all over the country is it not?
    Check local cafe's and bars nearby ellie wouldnt suprise me if most shops in marketplace have one if there just mass mailing this junk

Edit.. Theres someone who does a similar thing to request brochures of cars etc all the time i see it regularly come up, Nothing malitious about it they just send a odd letter like this and get a brochure sent out. Repeat yearly. From whats known there mentally ill

9. UberTiger

Mobster

I think it's about time we get the FBI on the case.

10. Unicorn

Mobster

We need Tony Williams in here. He will fix this.. Or stop sending letters :rolleyes:

11. Ellie123456789

Associate

Haven’t all the letters been received near the coast? Maybe that’s something to do with the blue sea part that’s written

12. Greboth

Mobster

but that's not important right now

13. MeEsH BaKkA

Mobster

Never attribute deeper meaning to that which is adequately explained by an autist with a photocopier and the yellow pages.

14. RizlaKing

Wise Guy

A few months back 8 houses on our road including me got a similar letter but it was from a janet wright and she was searching for some bloke with a german shepherd i(didn't narrow it down much as there are a lot of GS owner's where i live) i only read the first page and that did my head in funny\stupid letters seem quite common now though i don't understand why.

15. Maxine Hill

Associate

I have also received this strange letter to my business in Boston Lincs! Stamp stuck in the middle of the envelope, unfortunately no post mark.

16. Russinating

Capodecina

This is brilliant.

17. Lil old me

Mobster

Having worked a lot with people who have autism, this is relatively typical of their thought processes. Most people might not express themselves in this way, but she is not "crazy," "mental" and certainly doesn't need reporting to the police! She clearly has a particular interest in Mr hinds but doesn't have the social skills or filter to be able to express how she feels to anyone else so has gone for a scattergun approach.

18. ultralaser

Wise Guy

popcorn grabbed

19. Joy906

Associate

So I work in two churches in Yorkshire near Rotherham, got one Of these letters a couple of months back when it was sent to a vicarage, and just got another today as it was sent to my other vicar (wast delivered by the postman as he turned up after the letter was dropped off).

Decided to look it up as the language they’ve used is the absolute trademark for code-words. Weird out of place idioms and things like that; “between the devil and the deep blue sea.” “I like cats.”

Also the whole thing where she says her name is Sinéad in Irish and then says it’s Jane Wright?

At first I tried lining up all the spelling errors to see if they created a sentence which was probably a bit extreme. :p

So then I googled and asked a mod to reopen this thread haha

Pls help

20. d_brennen

Capodecina

Help with what? There's no way anyone on here knows where you put your recycling :p