I5 2500k - Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P Overclocking

Soldato
jony cant you flash back to your previous bios?

tried compensating for vdroop with more dvid?

on gigabyte z68 you cant use llc and dvid together its one or the other

That's the thing, I still don't understand how they work :o
I "learned" how to OC my i5 2500k using LLC :p

For me to have 4.6 GHz with my 2500k I have just set the CPU core voltage to normal, The DVID to +0.065 and cpu clock ratio to 46.

I have found using offset to overclock works a lot better for me rather than LLC.

Thanks for the reply mate, what BIOS are you using?
Would it be too much to ask if you could post the settings you are using? :)

Soldato
That's the thing, I still don't understand how they work :o
I "learned" how to OC my i5 2500k using LLC :p

Thanks for the reply mate, what BIOS are you using?
Would it be too much to ask if you could post the settings you are using? :)

I'm using the UEFi U1G the latest one.

My settings are as above with the only other thing changed was my ram voltage to XP profile 1 with 1.6V set and drive mode to AHCI.

CPU core voltage - Normal
DVID - 0.065v
Cpu Clock Ratio - 46

You might need to play around with your DVID until you get stable. When you load the CPU it will add whatever you have set to your Core voltage. So if you core is 1.265v under load it will be 1.33v if you set the DVID to +0.065v. Depending on you chip you might need more or less to get it stable.

Soldato
Hi thanks for the reply, much appreciated :)
Also what key/number did you press to set the Vcore to normal, as 0 reverts it back to Auto for me, and DVID can't be used without the Vcore set to normal?

And your CPU Clock Ratio, did you enter that for the single option, or for all individual cores under the "Boost Clock Ratio" thingy majig.

Soldato
This might help I have set mine to 4.5 so it's the same. Excuse the quality as they were taken with a crappy camera. Pretty sure it's the "N" button to set to normal and yes it needs to be on normal to allow DVID adjustment. I have entered my Vcore as a single option I found it uses a bit less voltage that way and does not affect any power saving options.

Idle voltage and clocks -

Full load -

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks mate, I will try those settings later once I find a stable OC for my XFX HD 7950 DD edition which dont seem to go that far :o

Could I request for one more pic/screenshot, just one more level within Advance Cpu Core Features please :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for those pictures Moogleys :)

Currently using the same settings as you and during Prime95/IBT temps are "nearly" the same as yours! :eek:

I tried using 0.07 DVID and my Vcore went up to 1.38, then tried 0.06 but didn't survive IBT, settled with 0.065 :)

Soldato
Hi Im back! :D
Could someone help me,again...pleaseeeeeeee

I just got myself a i7 2600k and have been trying to overclock it with no success whatsoever.
I used the same settings I used for OC my i5 but still nothing, even an increase in Vcore does nothing :(
I also swapped my RAM from 4x2GB of XMS3 which had timings of 9-9-9-24 and voltage of 1.65v to a 2x4GB XMS3 with timings of 11-11-11-30 with voltage of 1.5v
Everytime I try overclocking using the settings in the OP I just get a constant reboot without getting near the POST/BIOS.

My speculation is that the RAM isn't getting enough voltage or I need to tweak it a bit as I just use profile1 for XMP and left everything else on auto.

I would like to get at least 4.5GHz on this cheap to last me many more years :D (even though I said the same thing for my i5 2500k :rolleyes:)

Caporegime
its hard to guess on that board,you need to look at default cpu voltage in the system info page

I would start with moogleys settings and add one/two clicks more offset at a time and retry,add two clicks more retry ect till it boots

you'll need a fair bit for 4.8-5ghz,i cant clock my 2600k that high without using way over 1.4v

4.5ghz I need 1.344v high llc and +0.015v offset but that's on an asus board

Soldato
Thanks again, running IBT/Prime95 on stock settings, CPU-Z gives me voltage of 1.244v, so if I need for example, 1.4v for 4.8GHz I would need to use 0.18 DVID? :eek:
Or am I still not understanding how DVID works :p

Back
Top Bottom