• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i9 9900k pricing

Caporegime
I had my heart set on a 8/16 thread intel chip since I bought my 6700k.

The release price was a joke and I was all set to buy Ryzen an hour a go. But seeing retail for £499 for the i9900k was palatable just :p

I didnt want a side grade in my games and Music Creation and was even tempted to just buy a Ryzen 2600 and clock it until Ryzen 3000 hits but I figured YOLO :p

Caporegime

The release price was a joke and I was all set to buy Ryzen an hour a go. But seeing retail for £499 for the i9900k was palatable just :p

I didnt want a side grade in my games and Music Creation and was even tempted to just buy a Ryzen 2600 and clock it until Ryzen 3000 hits but I figured YOLO :p

Its a very good chip, a good choice :)

Man of Honour
OcUK Staff
Isn't the MSRP for the boxed processor 488USD?
https://ark.intel.com/products/186605/Intel-Core-i9-9900K-Processor-16M-Cache-up-to-5-00-GHz-

I'm not saying it's at that price due to price gouging market pressures though. :)

That is the price we pay when we buy 1050+ units in tray:

"Recommended Customer Price (RCP) is pricing guidance only for Intel products. Prices are for direct Intel customers, typically represent 1,000-unit purchase quantities, and are subject to change without notice. Prices may vary for other package types and shipment quantities. If sold in bulk, price represents individual unit. Listing of RCP does not constitute a formal pricing offer from Intel."

We have indeed paid this price, so you can easily work it out for yourself:

$488 / 1.25 = £390.40 +VAT (£468.48 Inc. VAT)
$499 / 1.25 = £399.20 +VAT (£479.04 Inc. VAT)

Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz (Coffee Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - OEM @ £469.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Inte...e-Socket-LGA1151-Processor-OEM-CP-65K-IN.html

CM8068403873914, Hyper-Threading Technology, 3.60GHz Clock Speed, 5.0GHz Single Core Max Turbo, 16mb Cache, 95W TDP, Dual Channel DDR4 Controller, 1 Year Warranty, OcUK Ships worldwide including USA.

Only £469.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Now we can buy such volumes direct from Intel via master distribution mean we can reflect this and sell these CPU's pretty much with minimal profit as for us CPU's are typically not a margin product, the rest of the items that go with.

The MSRP for the retail single pack is $579

OcUK's pricing on all accounts is at or below MSRP.

On the tray were selling you single units at 1k plus pricing, passing on that saving and benefit, now that Intel can supply us such volumes in one hit.

Of course the pathetic pound makes it worse, if we had a 1.30 rate we could have hit £450 or there abouts, but the pound is hovering around 1.26 and for error of margin we always go a point under.

So you getting CPU's below MSRP (single unit) or you can think your the big dog player and getting the 1k plus price, but instead you just buy 1 unit. :)

OcUK Staff
A lot of the whitepaper guidance technical or not is not applicable to enthusiasts, yet does seem to get quoted a great deal due to being easily found online.

Its the price I pay for 1k plus units at a time, not what end user pays!

However I've now made it possible for the end user to get this price by just taking 1 unit, lets just say "Happy Christmas" :)

Associate
Our prices are considerably below US MSRP which is $579 as OcUK is $525 to a person buying in USA and that is on retail SKU.
On the tray CPU we are $489, so we are massively undercutting the USA!
Remember the pound is very weak, giving the export customer an advantage by buying from UK!

Plus FREE games bundle from us as well! :)

Even better!

Soldato
Guessing that the 9900K is no longer in high demand given the fact everyone and their Dad now has them in stock, and prices are falling daily. The marvellous £469.99 is massively offset now that you don't have the sole supply in the UK and prior to that you were making massive margins on the products, not to mention that the stock would have been supplied before the dollar rate hit the $1.25:£1 it is at now.

You'll never answer truthfully, but I'll ask anyway, how many 9900K's have you shipped in December so far, and how many did you ship in the whole of November, OCUK only, and not trade sales at 2-3% margin, actual customer sales or SI product only. My bet is it is a lot lower that predicted hence the price drop, got to get rid of the stock.

Soldato
Zen 2 announcement must be due soon. Stock reduction time in case demand dies off :). Better pricing though - well done!
Temptation was nearly there to update one system but saw no NH-D15's in stock. Bank balance saved.

OcUK Staff
Guessing that the 9900K is no longer in high demand given the fact everyone and their Dad now has them in stock, and prices are falling daily. The marvellous £469.99 is massively offset now that you don't have the sole supply in the UK and prior to that you were making massive margins on the products, not to mention that the stock would have been supplied before the dollar rate hit the $1.25:£1 it is at now.

You'll never answer truthfully, but I'll ask anyway, how many 9900K's have you shipped in December so far, and how many did you ship in the whole of November, OCUK only, and not trade sales at 2-3% margin, actual customer sales or SI product only. My bet is it is a lot lower that predicted hence the price drop, got to get rid of the stock.

We've been ahead of the market in the UK the whole time though, always in stock, always leading on price, that is what counts and is most important to UK consumer looking to place a purchase.

Sales data run down as follows:

November B2C 9900K Retail: 350pc
November B2B 9900K Retail: Under 100pc due to shortage

December B2C 9900k Retail so far: 410pc
December B2B 9900k Retail so far: 200pc

So on retail part, December sales have already beaten November.

November B2C 9900K Tray: 1400pc
November B2B 9900K Tray: 400pc
November SI 9900K Tray: 140pc

December B2C 9900K tray: 350pc
December B2B 9900K tray: 100pc
December SI 9900K tray: 85pc (SI demand drops midway through December due to shipment cut off)

As always we expect January to beat December sales, then a big slump comes in February and the market start picking up March onwards, certainly for ourselves anyway.

We are very happy, we are doing well over 1k unit per month of 9900k and as were expecting some further supply constraints in Q1 next year we are well stocked as such, but that why I am in the position I am as OcUK was the only reseller in the UK to never be out of stock of 9900K tray since day one and stock is always king and of course I own our stock at a better rate than the current live rate.

Plus we have the binned CPU sales which is not included in the above which is around another 50 units since launch of binned CPU's plus whatever special system projects are underway.

Funny you say 2-3% margin too trade, the prices now on the site are essentially that on tray product, we only discount further for trade if they are buying large volume and willing to pay cash (bank transfer).

Soldato

The release price was a joke and I was all set to buy Ryzen an hour a go. But seeing retail for £499 for the i9900k was palatable just

Have you a good cooler for it? min is BIG air or a decent AIO

Back
Top Bottom