• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i9 9900k pricing

Soldato
We are very happy, we are doing well over 1k unit per month of 9900k and as were expecting some further supply constraints in Q1 next year we are well stocked as such, but that why I am in the position I am as OcUK was the only reseller in the UK to never be out of stock of 9900K tray since day one and stock is always king and of course I own our stock at a better rate than the current live rate.

It's good to see an honest answer, but what I stated was indeed correct then massive fall off, down from almost 2400 total sales in November, to less than <1150 on 19th December. I'd love to see your predictions for Jan '19, and then the actual results posted once the month end is reached. I don't see it being a massive seller since it's freely available in stock everywhere now, and on the 9th Jan you have the AMD press conference which if enough details are given may dissuade a decent amount of people from committing to the 9900K, or it may indeed have the opposite effect if the information is poor and lacking in detail. Thanks for humoring me. :)

OcUK Staff
It's good to see an honest answer, but what I stated was indeed correct then massive fall off, down from almost 2400 total sales in November, to less than <1150 on 19th December. I'd love to see your predictions for Jan '19, and then the actual results posted once the month end is reached. I don't see it being a massive seller since it's freely available in stock everywhere now, and on the 9th Jan you have the AMD press conference which if enough details are given may dissuade a decent amount of people from committing to the 9900K, or it may indeed have the opposite effect if the information is poor and lacking in detail. Thanks for humoring me. :)

Most places are in stock but small volumes and we are cheapest and one of the few or only places offering the games bundles and been cheapest and having a games bundles gives us a serious advantage over competitors.

We expect to sell a similar amount and we expect a ramp up in system production in January using this part.

Also we shall remove focus from 8086k and 8700k and it’s volumes will shift too 9700k and 9900k. :)

Soldato
Isn't the 8700 with its 12 threads actually faster than the 8 threads 9700?
In reality no. There are some highly-threaded, synthetic benchmarks which show the 8700 having a slight lead. For everything else the 9700 wins. The extra cores and higher boosts offer a more reliable performance advantage for real world usage.

Soldato
In reality no. There are some highly-threaded, synthetic benchmarks which show the 8700 having a slight lead. For everything else the 9700 wins. The extra cores and higher boosts offer a more reliable performance advantage for real world usage.

I guess that is what Intel is praying for, people to keep off the HT train now that it has been buried under security issues, and they've taken it away from the i7 line-up. It's going to be fun when you can buy an 8c/16t CPU that is faster/cooler and has better IPC at about 50% the current cost of this one, in the next 4-6 months. :)

Caporegime
I guess that is what Intel is praying for, people to keep off the HT train now that it has been buried under security issues, and they've taken it away from the i7 line-up. It's going to be fun when you can buy an 8c/16t CPU that is faster/cooler and has better IPC at about 50% the current cost of this one, in the next 4-6 months. :)

The nature of the beast...if you wait for new tech and try to be future proof you loose...there is no option to be future proof in pc hardware.

I need a gaming pc now. Not in six months......I highly doubt you’ll get an 8/16 intel chip for £250 in the summer...

Ryzen 3000 is coming...I could have waited...but YOLO....if it’s that good I’ll buy it...selling my current rig....rinse and repeat...I’m happy with my upgrade outlay after selling my 6700k mobo combo...

Sometimes chasing is counter productive...

Permabanned
The nature of the beast...if you wait for new tech and try to be future proof you loose...there is no option to be future proof in pc hardware.

I need a gaming pc now. Not in six months......I highly doubt you’ll get an 8/16 intel chip for £250 in the summer...

Ryzen 3000 is coming...I could have waited...but YOLO....if it’s that good I’ll buy it...selling my current rig....rinse and repeat...I’m happy with my upgrade outlay after selling my 6700k mobo combo...

It is your choice to waste your time with unnecessary exercises of selling your old things. What if no one buys it? :D

Soldato
I also gave AMD serious consideration this time around but at the eleventh hour realised/remembered that my macOS VMs wouldn't run anymore. That isn't going to change with Ryzen 3000, so no point in waiting for me. It would only work is Apple started to make systems with AMD processors and I think they are more likely to make their own CPUs rather than do that.

Soldato

Not quite sure what you buying a PC has anything to do with the comment with regards to HT. At no point did I say that one should not buy now or indeed wait., merely pointed out the fact that the removal of HT is somewhat optimistic given the current state of affairs, and that of things to come in the close future.

... ... ... ... .-. ..-- ... ... I assume you were doing something like Morse code, was I right? :p :D

Permabanned
there is no option to be future proof in pc hardware.

False. Buy a 16-thread Ryzen, X470 motherboard and Radeon RX Vega 64 and you will be future proof. It will take some years till we see that Ryzen been utilised 100%, and the Vega 64 to drop in the performance tiers so much that you will begin considerations for a replacement.

The nature of the beast

Here, you are talking about all these who want the latest and greatest, and change the components without the need for more performance.

Back
Top Bottom