• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
I have been setting it manually over the weekend and have went as far as 1.390v but still bsod on windows login. At the moment i want to create a profile with a low vcore for stock 4.7 then start pushing up to 5ghz

Look at your cache frequency, Gigabyte boards automatically set this to 4.7ghz, instead of 4.3ghz, very few chips can do a 1:1 ratio if you are at 4.7ghz cpu, could be why you are bsoding. Also are you using XMP, this can cause problems, best to set ram timings and voltage manually, and also check your SA and IO voltages, auto always overvolts.

Associate
Look at your cache frequency, Gigabyte boards automatically set this to 4.7ghz, instead of 4.3ghz, very few chips can do a 1:1 ratio if you are at 4.7ghz cpu, could be why you are bsoding. Also are you using XMP, this can cause problems, best to set ram timings and voltage manually, and also check your SA and IO voltages, auto always overvolts.

4.3 should be the cache frequency? What's the hard and fast rule for this?

Associate

Uncore ratio is set at 47, im guessing this is the cache frequency on gigabye boards?

Associate
Thanks, ive had a quick look and tried a few different voltages after changing to 43 uncore ratio. Tried up to 1.275v at stock 4.7 all cores and bsod on prime testing. I've noticed that Hwmonitor reports 1.416v under prime when Vcore is at auto. Will test more later and up the voltage.

Associate
Thanks, ive had a quick look and tried a few different voltages after changing to 43 uncore ratio. Tried up to 1.275v at stock 4.7 all cores and bsod on prime testing. I've noticed that Hwmonitor reports 1.416v under prime when Vcore is at auto. Will test more later and up the voltage.

1.275v for 4.7ghz is more than enough, what LLC are you running ?, are you using XMP, if so change to manually setting the timings and voltage. Like I said earlier, what are your SA and IO voltages currently. ?

Associate
i want to overclock to 5ghz and but it seems when i do it won't drop bellow 4.7 so its constantly between 4.7-5 and i dont want to be running at such a high clock cosntantly

what am i doing wrong?

Associate
I'm having temp issues i think

With it clocked at 5ghz i'm hitting 100c in prime95 small ftt and in blend i'm getting hardware failures but no bsod so i'm thinking the blend fail is more the fact gigabyte doesn't support my ram and xmp

I have the corsair aio 115i pro rgb and with all fans on full, pump on extreme i'll still hit 100c in small

Back
Top Bottom