Icecold's mobility thread

Got my full size rumble roller today (blue) and spikey ball .......ouch!!!

Should get rid of these knots under / around my right shoulder blade :)

Slipperz :)

If you think the ball hurts, wait until you roll your quads with the rumble roller!

I have, it's absolute agony!! Walked the dogs after and quads felt surprisingly good afterwards :) I think it's going to come in very handy.

Upper/lower back quite sore to do as well, I must be in a right pickle!!

The outside edge and all of the 3 or so inches before it inserts.

Your biggest problem is going to be convincing your scaps to move on your rib cage properly. Fixing tight pecs is kind of step 1 here, then comes a crap tonne of scap pinching/depressing/shrugging and shoulder external rotation work.

The outside edge and all of the 3 or so inches before it inserts.

Your biggest problem is going to be convincing your scaps to move on your rib cage properly. Fixing tight pecs is kind of step 1 here, then comes a crap tonne of scap pinching/depressing/shrugging and shoulder external rotation work.

Cheers. I'll keep hammering the pec. I'm also doing plenty of internal rotation work. I need to add in some external rotation stuff now.

I have no idea really how to improve my scap mobility, got any videos in your bookmarks? ;)

Sounds... er.. painful :eek: Is this all to make sure you have nothing holding you back for the competition?

Just want full ROM in my shoulders. It's also good for shoulder health to have full ROM.

Ice!

Think I've damaged my shoulder, I do some mobilty stuff on it. But to be honest I don't know a great deal about mobility.

Off to buy a lacrose ball and some bands just now, is there any books you would recommended?

Find it easier to read a book on this stuff than go through numerous conflicting information on the internet.

Hoping its just some light tissue damage.

Would thera bands work? Found rolls of the stuff in the gym.

Last edited:
I've had twinges in my legs and glutes for the last couple of weeks. I've tried to work through it and while doing so I've done a couple of the early mwod workouts hoping to loosen something up. Anyway today I was squatting triples and it just didn't happen at all.warm up sets felt a bit unsteady but my first rep of the working sets i felt myself wobbling all over the place and a pinching pain in my lower glute.i aborted the rep (i was still high enough to get it back up)and after trialling a slightly lower weight and failing i ended up doing 2x10 with 80% of my normal weight.

I'm wondering how to approach things now though.anti inflammatories will provide a short term fix but not correct any structural deficiencies. Would reigning back the weight for a couple of weeks, continuing with mwod and stretching be a sensible approach? Would a foam roller be a worthwhile investment?

Have you tried a foam roller before (I know you're considering investing)?

I don't have one myself, but we've got one at the gym, it has done absolutely fantastic things for my legs over the last week or so. If it feels tight, I tend to just go in and roll the **** out of it. It hurts. A lot. But once the pain has gone to quite a small amount through foam rolling, I get up, go squat, and find it to be absolutely fine.

kd

Back
Top Bottom