Icecold's mobility thread

Soldato
Hi, only in my old gym. It felt good but tbh at the time I didn't really have any aches or pains. Now age is catching up with me things are a bit different. I'm thinking of a week or two of higher rep work and then come xmas/new year having a big drop in weights to ensure perfect form before aggressively ramping it up again.

Soldato
Weight doesn't really matter, admittedly the closer you are to the limit, the more your form will suffer, but so long as your form is good at a basic weight level, and you at least know good form, then that's a pretty solid place to start.

kd

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
General question about stretching and mobility. If you spend some time working on a tight spot and manage to recover some of the ROM/loosen up. Do you have to do maintenance mobility to keep the improvements?

I guess what I'm thinking about is if I'm tight in my shoulders and spend 2-3 weeks hitting them and get to point where they are good. Will they slowly return to their pre-stretched state if you didn't hit them for several weeks?

I think once I've got good mobility in an area I would reduce the time spent hitting it, but would still do it at least once a week, but not as intense.

Man of Honour
OP
Yes, some areas require constant attention. A prime example of this is shoulders and pecs (unless you stop benching!).

Other areas only need occasional or much lighter work.

Soldato
I do Shoulders with Chest/Triceps and I do two main exercises (DB shoulder press and DB side laterals). I noticed a sharp pain (2" above my arm pit) after doing my last set for DB side laterals the other day (light weight with good form). I noticed the same pain 2 years ago on my other shoulder (when doing first lateral raises).

Any thoughts on this? I was going to failure on the last set.

Hi there,

After a bit of Google, the pain is located half way down the Anterior (http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/DeltoidAnterior.html) and only hurts whenever I touch or press into it (not necessarily when I'm performing the exercise).

Does the lateral raise suppose to even target the Anterior? If it doesn't, then maybe my form is completely wrong.

Soldato
Well I would rather start something now, rather then have to wait ages just to get a physio referral from my GP, then go through a period of all the exercises I am already doing, then to possibly be provided with something similar, when I could just buy the linked item and start working on my feet a lot sooner.

Caporegime
Go to a private sports physio. I got mine about 5-6 years a go after my left foot died, cost £70 or so if I remember rightly, only wear them when I'm exercising and haven't had a problem since well worth the money.

Soldato
^^ the above linked would cost £55 and no physio fee, having done a little checking of reviews they get positive feedback, so was just coming here for a second opinion :)

Man of Honour
OP
Never heard of them, but the exercises I've posted in here are free :) google for intrinsic foot muscle exercises and you should find some helpful stuff.

Soldato
Of course, there is nothing wrong with the exercises, Infact I have quoted them to my own log, and I am already doing some :)

My thoughts behind something like this was that I would be spending a much greater portion of the day targeting the issue. Also this would be on top of exercises for best result.

Edit: further reviews seem to show good results but slot of people continue to use them, making me think that these end up being more of a supportive item as apposed to a fix. Going to put the money towards some vibrams instead and just be patient :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom