• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Caporegime
Not that I'm interested in competing, but what are the weight classes and the minimum lift requirements? Just curious to see how I stack up!

http://www.gbpf.org.uk/Docs/CompResults/2011BritishUnequippedPowerlifting.pdf

british unequipped results from last year.

My squat doesn't even begin to compare to other 120 lifters, especially as my lifts are in the gym not comp standard lol.
Bench, depending on my wrist I could get back up to what I was lifting and more I reckon.
Deads - I'd be able to mix it with the others based on my projected lifts if i keep training (i'm ignoring grip though, which with my thumb would make me lift less than I am now with straps :( )
Interesting!

Proper WADA tested as well, so quite reliable in terms of catching cheats :)

Man of Honour
OP
I think it changed last year.

I'm aiming for a 2 kg drop in 3 weeks (down to 85kg), then it's fairly trivial to drop the other 2kg with a bit of carb depletion and water manipulation. In reality it should be fairly easy, less tasty foods from now on though :(

Man of Honour
OP
The next weight class up is 93kg, which I'd be very light for. Seems like you're ready to roll in the 93s though FF, I'll forward you the relevant info..... ;)

A 600+kg total will be really tough, but that's what I'm aiming for.

LiE, slimfast+ice+celery diet. Super negative calories!

Man of Honour
The next weight class up is 93kg, which I'd be very light for. Seems like you're ready to roll in the 93s though FF, I'll forward you the relevant info..... ;)

A 600+kg total will be really tough, but that's what I'm aiming for.

LiE, slimfast+ice+celery diet. Super negative calories!

haha! I couldn't take the ego destruction :(

So what if you weigh 93.1kg on the day? do you get bumped up to the next class?

Man of Honour
OP
Weigh ins are normally a few hours before you lift.

If I was 83.5kg when I woke up, I'd put on a load of clothes and turn the heating up in the car and sweat it out D:

Soldato
Looking at those weight totals and categories there are a few OC'ers who would do pretty well at comps!

Subbed, and keep up the good work ice ;)

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks, I'll certainly try!

You have to remember that, a) those are only qualifying totals, and b) comp lifts are very strictly judged. You can't mess around at about parallel on squats, and sometimes the pauses called by the refs on bench are brutal.

A crazy example is this guy's first squat:
...especially considering he was squatting and benching easy weights so he'd be fresh for the deadlift. I've seen far more cruel bench pauses as well.

edit: I wasn't really trying to counter your point, I'm just saying it isn't as simple as plugging in the lifts from the "Powerlifting Totals" thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom