• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Associate
Yeah they said he was too high which was obviously balls.

All 3 in one day isn't easy especially when you are dehydrated and haven't eaten enough.

Also bro, speaking to Matt today, and nationals is 7th and 8th of september so we have more time :D. Also it is the week before my birthday so that should be fun :p. Oh and it turns out Matt's friends is running it in his gym :).

Associate
Tom's a beast. He has a great log on Sugden barbell. I was quite impressed with his standing jumps too. He can jump up to a platform over eye-level with no run up, or step or anything. Just 'boing' right up there. Must be the hair.

Man of Honour
OP
I stalk his log quite aggressively. I want his recent powerclean!

Dom, that is both good and annoying news, I'll explain later.

Man of Honour
OP
Training 16/5/12

Deadlifts
2x212.5kg
6x3x175kg

Bench 7x5x105kg

RDL 3x8x120kg

BOR 3x8x80kg

GM 3x8x80kg

Chins 3x8

Decent session. Deads were a little strange, 200kg was nice, but I didn't have a good line for the 212.5kg. It felt like it was spinning anticlockwise slightly, but at least the second rep was faster than the first. The triples were fine, but tiring.

Bench was good, but I was knackered by the end.

I did a lot of soft tissue work on my pecs and stretching for my pecs and glutes for the first time in months, which felt good.

Associate
It's good that the video jumps and is blurry for that one set :). Looking nice, you are still losing some tension on the bench but that it much better than it was, it is also looking stronger than before :).

I'll call you later btws.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah I've got a measure of what it feels like now, so it should keep getting better.

I forgot to mention, the last deadlift set that was belted was much easier to brace fully. I think I'm just very used to my belt now.

Caporegime
Maximum lifts are maximum most weight moved from A to B sure there is some form required for a good lift but clean form is for day in day out rep training

Wasn't it Shaun Ray who only trained in an optimal intensity / weight limit, never going maximal as it was detrimental to form when considering hypertrophy. Worked bloody well for him, though that wasn't strength training obviously lol

Back
Top Bottom