• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Man of Honour
OP
lol yeah I couldn't work it out!

Weirdly, my shoulders got better benching 4 times a week, but making sure I was really strict.

Caporegime
lol yeah I couldn't work it out!

Weirdly, my shoulders got better benching 4 times a week, but making sure I was really strict.

:D

I need to work on my pec more before I even contemplate something like that....haha

I just stick to BB incline currently, and flat DB. Seems to work. I just seem to be hitting a wall with the DB's as I can't really load up 22.5's due to them not physically fitting on the DB's (spinlock jobbies) and the 25's are too heavy to lift in to position currently! :o

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Putting together my 4 day program, what do you think?

Mon - Squat, Deficit SS, RDL
Tues - Pause Bench, Normal Bench, Dips
Thurs - Deads, Kroc Rows, Chins, DB Curls
Fri - Squats, OHP, Facepulls, Core

Man of Honour
OP
90% mock meet 12/11/12

Squat
Up to 205kg, with absolutely zero psyche up. There is a little hamstring tear compensatory tightness in my right anterior hip that needs to go, but I'm pretty pleased with that.

Comp paused bench (max effort!)
bar x lots
60x8
80x3
90x2
100x1
110x1
120x1
130x1
142.5x1 PB! SLOWEST. REP. EVER. lol srs, looks like the video stops :D

Deadlift
Up to 230kg pretty comfortably. I don't really know what % this was, but it's moving back in the right direction. I'm still missing a lot of speed, but it was much better today than previously. Looks like I'm good for around ~240kg at comp this Sunday, which while at least 20kg off my absolute max is still a nice comp PB.

Soldato
nice lifting practice for the comp!! looking forward to seeing the results, hopefully the tear wont rear its ugly head!

Man of Honour
OP
Squat is a little bit of an unknown, just not as much as deadlift. I should have at least 210, but I doubt I'll be getting anywhere near a pb.

I won't be going for more than 140 on the bench. Far better to have an almost certain 140 than a 2.5kg increase that could go either way. That's still a 20kg comp pb!

Cheers syla5. The tear will definitely have an effect, its more a question of how much!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I'll be annoyed if I get any closer to 83, at this rate it will almost have been worth making weight!

Well, apart from that being a terrible idea...

Back
Top Bottom