• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Man of Honour
OP
Thank you sir! I really appreciate everyone's kind words :)

My squat is definitely my most technically pretty lift, but that particular style won't work for everyone. I've had a few people say that I "handle" weight well, which I guess is to do with stability.

As for not being worthy, as if! The vast majority of what I've achieved is down to being lucky and managing to listen to the right people, the list of whom includes yourself.

Man of Honour
Aww dude!!!!! :o :o

So kind of you. :) I'm happy to accept and admit that you've surpassed a lot of my technical skill and knowledge. However it's humbling to hear that I may have contributed to your development. :)

Man of Honour
OP
Training 21/11/12

Bench
bar x lots
60x10
80x6
100x3
110x1
120x3x3
First set of 120 was to see how fatigued I was after the comp, it turns out "a lot" was the answer. Not hugely difficult, just slow and uncomfortable.

Deadlift
70xsome
110x8
150x3
190x5
210x0 - took the tension off the bar and felt uncomfortable in my hip
190x5x2
Not bad, pleased to get a bit of volume in

Deficit Bulgarian Split Squats (weight per DB)
bw x 10
17.5x8
25x8x3
Horrible! Left leg is considerably weaker here, these were easy on my right side.

Strict elbow flaired row
20x10x3

CGBP
90x8x3

Chins
bw x some x a few

Cable shoulder stuff

DB curls

Pretty good session. It's very obvious from today that the problem in right hip flexor is driven by my left leg being weaker. I probably won't be able to hammer deadlifts until my hamstring is a little bit more back to strength. It felt absolutely fine today though, so as long as I'm careful I should get there pretty soon.

Man of Honour
OP
I've got a new training cycle which I'll put together to start monday, and aim to peak for that comp at the start of Feb that you're also going to ;)

Man of Honour
OP
Training 23/11/12

Lots of mobility and warming up

Squats
Bar x some
60x10
100x8
140x3
160x1
180x3
These were only meant to be speed reps, but I left it there for volume because my hip is still a little niggle-y and my hamstring was tender from smashing it this week. Speed was good and mobility was nice.

Strict elbow flaired row
25x10x3
Getting stronger here

YTWL
2.5x10x3
Really hard! Awesome though, I clearly need more of these.

Brace yourselves...

EZ bar curls
some weight x12x3 3 second negs
SS with tricep cable bar pushdown
some weight x12x3 3 second negs

DB curls
12kgx12x3
SS with tricep reverse grip cable bar pushdown
some x12x3

Poundstone curls
bar x 30 - fuark

Tricep rope overhead extension
some x12x3 3 second negs

Cable shoulder stuff

DAT PUMP

DAT VEIN GAINS

Last recovery session before starting the new routine. It was horrible, my arms are in bits.

Back
Top Bottom