• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
How you getting on with CBL ice? I'm tempted to give it ago. A lot of the example diets I've found seem quite low on calories, is that intentional?

Man of Honour
OP
I love CBL.

I don't really pay attention to calories though. On training days I have a lot of nuts/meat/salad before training and then go crazy with carbs afterwards, which more or less has to see me over 3000kcals (~400g carbs, ~200g protein, etc.). Non training days is lots of meat/nuts/salad before around 7pm, then I have a normal dinner - at a guess this puts me somewhere between 1800-2200kcals. I'll sometimes try to have 1 very low carb day, but I can't always be bothered and I haven't needed to yet.

Man of Honour
OP
No, but then I do moderate carb depletion with IF and fasted training. I'm not saying I wouldn't benefit from it, but I think someone who is normally all over the carbs all day would get more out of it.

My nutrition wizard friend occasionally does a few days without a back load to keep on top of things, so I might do that if I feel like I want more fat loss at some point.

Soldato
I am going to do the depletion phase as I think I could do with the reset. I am glad your cals swing wildly as I was having real problems getting it in to my head how I hit required amounts. I guess I need to stop trying to micro manage and just go with it and see if it works.

Man of Honour
OP
Training 30/12/12

Squats
bar x lots
60x10
100x5 a few paused
140x3 paused
160x2
180x2
190x1
200x4x2
192.5x4x2
Good to get some volume in for once, but my quad was lighting up pretty badly. Comfortable weights though. Did a forth set to make up for the fact that there was no way I was going to be able to do split squats. Made Steedie do those instead :p

Looooong pause bench
bar x lots
70x5
100x3
110x3
115x3
110x3x4
Constant tension on chest, not just resting there. Dat pump!

Row machine thing
some x10x3

Narrow grip bench
100x4
110x4x2

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Awesome squatting as usual :)

The pump is pretty crazy from keeping so much tension on the chest. I normally follow up with some volume too by which point my chest feels swol.

Are you starting the 4 week comp prep next week?

Man of Honour
OP
Awesome squatting as usual :)

The pump is pretty crazy from keeping so much tension on the chest. I normally follow up with some volume too by which point my chest feels swol.

Are you starting the 4 week comp prep next week?
I've definitely put some mass on my chest since putting more emphasis on paused reps. It's slowly feeling more comfortable too. I may play around with some heavy negatives with a pause on the chest - I've totally made that up as a thing, but it sounds like it will a) look awesome, and b) do me some favours.

I technically started my comp prep on Sunday to avoid the gym closures. I'm trying to squeeze some last minute gains out of my hamstring recovery so my prep is going to be a little more complicated.

Training 2/1/13

First session of the new year, and I'm still sitting on the remnants of my hangover! Food intake from Monday until now is probably down to 50%, and carbs are very low. So essentially, this was a carb depleted, zero testosterone hangover session, which is definitely a training stupidity PB.

Deads
70xlots
110x5
150x3
190x1 nice. Best rep of the day, which sucks! :D
220x3 heavy enough for today!
207.5x3x2 extremely rapid fatigue. First set was stupidly easy, second set was horrible!

Paused bench - not programmed, but felt like doing a token effort to grease the groove
bar x lots
70xsome
100x3
120x3x3 easy

Paused RDL
150x6
160x6x3
This was the worst possible thing for my body in it's current state! Completely emptied my glycogen reserves, I literally felt a huge crash and was enjoying some cold sweats. As soon as I finished these I smashed my PWO shake down, and within about 15 minutes I felt awesome.

DB bench
35x10
40x6 - had PWO shake now
45x6x3 got much easier

Rows and pullups
some

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Hopefully my hip is better by next Friday for some heavy squats. I'm going to keep it light tomorrow and try not to load it too much. Damn injury at the worst of times! I have sent off my membership form for GBPF though :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
How does your carb back load look these days? I'm struggling to hit big numbers on the carbs so considering doing a bigger dose of dextrose pwo.

Man of Honour
OP
200g dextrose PWO, then all kinds of crap. I'm going to move over to rice based meals a bit more often as it's much easier.

Training 04/01/13

Rubbish session. Minimal sleep for the last two nights ensured that I wasn't recovered from Wednesday's shambles. Got some work in though, and hopefully a quiet weekend with two backloads will sort me out.

Bench
warm ups
100x3 - all kinds of back fatigue. What felt like rhomboid cramp too, which is new!
120x3 - messy! Finding it hard to keep it controlled
125x2 - lol terrible. Line was messy, couldn't keep tension on my chest, 3rd rep went for a walk on my chest and completely ballsed up the press.
125x2 - was convinced I could get it for 3, given that I have, comfortably. Couldn't!
120x3 messy
115x3 better
115x3 better still
Rear delt and all kinds of back muscles were tight as ****. Didn't think to warm them up aggressively as they've never needed it before.

Paused deads
100x3
140x3
180x3
200x2 FFFFUUU. Messed up the third rep, kind of did two pauses because of trying to play with form and zero oxygen in my brain.
185x3x3 much better.

Chins
some

Urgh! Well I have some extra stuff to do tomorrow now, but that's no big deal. The one positive is that Wednesday's paused RDLs smashed my hammies in a way I've not experienced since my tear. Massive DOMS along the recovering fibres, and the paused deads felt good even though they weren't that heavy.

Glad that's over tbh, sleep beckons...

Back
Top Bottom