• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Man of Honour
OP
Interdasting...

Could play with our chains as well if you want?

Big squat volume tonight! Turns out that part of my fatigue this week was driven by forgetting to drink enough. Turns out that's important.

Man of Honour
OP
Training 12/04/13

Ended up getting to the gym quite late today, but I was never going to be quick. I'd planned lots of mobility, with some lighter stuff for my lower body because I wanted to be fresh for squatting. Well, that didn't go to plan! I got distracted while doing my "mild" glute stretching and ended up doing almost 5 mins on one side :( had to then even it up, but I strongly suspected that I'd successfully switched off some kind of important squatting muscles. ****!

Squat
bar x lots
60x10
100x5 - flexible as ****, but can already feel the difference in drive out of the bottom :(
140x5 meh
160x1 kind of better...?
180x1 messy rep, but there was some drive
195x5 not bad, slow reps but they felt easy. Short-ish rest into
195x5 harder, slower, but still not bad
195x5 groce. Cut one of these just shy of parallel because I was feeling zero power :mad: buried the last one to make up for it, but fuark! These three sets were done fairly quickly, but I needed a break before I did any more. Stupid glutes.
195x5 better!
195x5 worse again! lols. Becoming quite a mental battle
195x5 strangely better again, and the last rep was easy and fast. Wtf?
In summary: don't fatigue your hamstrings with a new exercise in the same week you're doing some stupid squat volume, and don't do a huge amount of static stretching on your glutes. They did REALLY need it though.

Bench
bar x lots
60x5 dreamy. Might sound retarded but historically I've needed weight to help set my shoulders back. Not today!
80x3
97.5x5x5 awesome. Last three sets were done in 5 mins because I ran out of time. I might actually be on for a cheeky bench PB after all of this messing about. These were stupidly comfortable, and the tension and activation I'm now getting across my mid back is so much better than it's ever been.

Also, collapse.

Also, time for about 2000kcals.

Man of Honour
OP
Bro down and training 13/04/13

Quality times with the bros once again. A few PBs scattered around, some shirtless times, good lifting and lots of food.

I didn't really do much lifting at all, which was kind of planned. I tested my deadlift and there was no sign of the weird hip flexor thing, so I think if I keep stretching for the next few days it'll be fine for next Wednesday.

However, despite doing some stupid squats last night, I felt that this was in order...

Squats
bar x some
60x some
100x5
140x5
160x1
180x1
200x1 - so far this was just to prime my self for the main event. Tbh, all of these were painful and slow, but that isn't going to matter!

Challenge: 145kg for as many reps as possible
Managed 25, and was completely spent. I did 15 before I had a little rest, but I possibly could have done 20 all in one go. 25 was definitely the limit on the day, my legs were mounting a full blown rebellion by the end. Might try 150 for 20, but certainly not soon!

Man of Honour
OP
It was 6 sets of 5 reps :mad:

:p

Delvis, "My me lol". Que? :D

I'm not actually sure which was the harder workout. At least I had the use of my glutes today, but that advantage was wiped out by being completely fatigued by last night.

Legs still feel small, more food and gains required.

Back
Top Bottom