• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Man of Honour
OP
...all of which were painful! Next time I might try and have at least 1 rest day after my normal squatting, but I couldn't pass on the opportunity to get topless with the bros.

5 mins left to upload, aint no body got time for that...

Squats
bar x some
60x some
100x5
140x5
160x1
180x1
200x1 - so far this was just to prime my self for the main event. Tbh, all of these were painful and slow, but that isn't going to matter!

Challenge: 145kg for as many reps as possible
Managed 25, and was completely spent. I did 15 before I had a little rest, but I possibly could have done 20 all in one go. 25 was definitely the limit on the day, my legs were mounting a full blown rebellion by the end. Might try 150 for 20, but certainly not soon!

Man of Honour
OP
Horrible. I don't want to move.

However, I did weigh 92kg this morning. This means that I can start tapering down the aggressiveness of my food shovelling after this training block. That gives me 3-4 weeks to gain another couple of kgs. Now that I'm benching moderate weights again, hopefully I can put some mass on whatever is holding me back there.

Also, out of feeling that my legs had definitely grown but were still small, I whipped out the measuring tape. At the widest point that doesn't include my arse, my legs are 27".

Unfortunately, I have no idea what this means.

Man of Honour
OP
I really thought I wasn't lifting anything yesterday. Somehow I have tightness when hip hinging in my hamstrings, and my upper back is lit up... I don't know what wizardry this is.....

kd
:D

Excellent. This means you were using the right bits.

I'll think some more about stuff for your shoulders, but what you're saying about your DOMS kind of indicates that you just need to keep practising what we talked about (scap pinch, scaps down your back, lats on...).

Then just loads of face pulls and rowing/pulling movements with the same stuff going on to strengthen those positions.

I don't think you need to stretch, you **** :p

Soldato
Recent PBs?

220x3 squat
97.5x5 bench (injured, but not over trained...)
230x5 deadlift

???

I may have missed something but they are lower than when you started this log in June 2011.

P.s I'm not trolling. Just wondering on the theory or practical issues of training so frequently

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom