• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Man of Honour
OP
Cheers to Thundy!

Training 05/06/13

Mobility: not enough, got bored. Will make up the time.

Board press
bar x lots
60x10
80x5
100x3
110x1
125x5 PB nice
120x5
117.5x5
117.5x5
117.5x5
117.5x5
Ended up drastically shortening the rests on these. Continued progress! I don't think I've ever set so many pressing PBs in succession, and yet I'm still not enthused :D

BOR
10x4
Just slapped some weight on the short bar until ten reps felt about right and then did 4 sets, didn't pay attention to weight

Chain dips
all the chains x8x3

Machine row
10x4

Learning a lot about benching at the moment. I'm definitely getting a very different training stimulus using the exact same movements. The only thing that I've changed is that I've worked on being able to access certain positions in my shoulder. This basically a long winded way of me saying that it's not my fault that my bench has so far sucked, but it's at least possibly true.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Chain dips are hnnnnnngg. Adding more weight to them is going to be interesting, it's going to look like I've got a poorly made crotch necklace hanging around my waist.

Did a load of glute and adductor stretching before bed. This made some big changes to the way my hips moved, but there I can still feel tightness in my adductor today. So boring!

Man of Honour
ROFL!

That's just sickening! 90kg curls?!

Although having seen his curls last time, strict form isn't a concern of his. So many things moving and swinging it's nearly a compound movement

Man of Honour
OP
Training 07/6/13

Mobility for adductor - lots

Short rest bench
bar x lots
60x10
80x5
100x3
110x1
120x4
115x4
115x4
115x4
115x4
115x4
Some kind of PB I'm sure. Reps were joocey and tight. Bench is feeling better and better.

OHP
bar x lots
50x5
72.5x6 PB
62.5x6x3

Running out of time...

Bench
70x22 - same as last week, but with far less rest

Right. So. Yes. I'm hoping that I'll be able to squat again next week, as long as I'm careful with the weight. In light of that, I'm going to reset the rest of the training block. The rest of my lifts have been going well. This 4 rep bench day is up 7.5kg in 3 weeks to a weight I was board pressing in week 1, and board press is up 5kg. Also set strict press PBs. In other news, I've definitely slapped some mass on my pecs, delts, traps and triceps - ah the benefits of not training squats or deads for a couple of weeks!

ALSO, a guy I'm training squatted a pretty comfortable 200kg today. That is a modest increase of at least (old PB was off a high box) 55kg. Broner achieved.

Man of Honour
OP
mirin' dat OHP. Those numbers have really shot up :D
Cheers bud, it's ACTUALLY MOVING!!!!! :p

Oh yeah, technically the guy I'm coaching had a one month break in the middle.

So we'll say 145 --> 200kg in 5 months, of which the first couple were almost purely mobility, positional training and core development. Oh, and he weighs 85kg.

Soldato

So we'll say 145 --> 200kg in 5 months, of which the first couple were almost purely mobility, positional training and core development. Oh, and he weighs 85kg.

Yea, you're on my ass now :p I need to actually start training properly again! Wished I lived closer.. I've yet to be touched by you.. :eek:;)

Soldato

Damn that's mental progress, was it a case of he already had the muscle (ie LiE 2.5 years ago nly just starting low bar) but was just lifting like a ****, or is he a relative noobie?

Man of Honour
OP
He'd been training for a while, but was completely broken. When I say his max was to a high box, he used to literally slam down onto it and try to get some kind of bounce. Then his core would crumble and twist... it was groce.

So he had maybe 6 months to a year of squatting experience but in reality there would have been no chance of him getting 145 to parallel and back up.

To massively blow my own trumpet, this is mostly down to good programming and good coaching.

Man of Honour
OP
Training 08/06/13

Pull ups
some

Lat pull down
some kind of pyramid with lots of steps up to a few top sets of 6, then down again to 10s

DB row
45x10x3

Machine high row
12x3

Face pull
15x3

Lateral raises
15x3

Sprints
some
Lawd, my mechanics are gash.

Back