• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Man of Honour
Didn't realize you was that strong icecold, I was spotting a guy at the gym yesterday benching 140kg not far off your 130 and I told the guy he's on his own. That was some heavy weight for a bench press seeing it in real life, he said he's been training 15 years and used to be a power lifter he's 6'7" absolute monster.

LiE is stronger. ;) :D

Associate
I'd just like to point out it was an error on YT's behalf. I selected one video for deletion, it deletes several pages of them. Great. I obviously don't have any of Ice's video on my computer so they didn't get re-uploaded. Not my fault! :p

Man of Honour
OP
Semi mock meet day 05/07/13

Only a semi because I'm not squatting and I don't want to push my bench to the max quite yet now that my shoulder has been holding together (6 weeks of solid training after not being able to do it properly since the comp in Feb). Adductor is definitely moving in the right direction. I actually think I'd picked up another small tear, which is why I'm never going to assume tightness is just tightness ever again. Squats will be back soon.

Deadlifts have been massively stop start because of all of the retarded injuries, but I've managed to lift in the last 3 consecutive weeks, but only sporadically and light before that.

In summary, training has been generally bad since I tore my hammy in November. Managed to do some bits recently, maybe said bits can convert to something not ****.

Long, hot, dehydrated day, but I took Craze and a strong coffee for the first time in ages so I was trippin' all kinds of balls.

Deadlift (videos from 100kg onwards)
bar x lots
60x10
100x5 - rapido!
140x3 - lost my positioning after the first rep
180x1 - hips were a bit uncoordinated
200x1 - better?
220x1 - better
240x1 - worse, but comfortable
260x1 - PB!

Bench
bar x lots
60x8
80x3
100x1
110x1
120x1
130x1
145xf (I may have lied about being conservative)

Well that was pleasing! Some of those deadlift reps were quite messy, but the 260kg was actually one of the better pulls. I could definitely benefit from just literally practising more, that 140kg set was all over the place.

Bench went better than I expected. I'd basically burnt out my pecs in the last few weeks and was having trouble keeping things organised in my shoulders. Today the warm ups felt really good (much better than Monday), although I was doing really slow negatives (like, more than 3 seconds) for all sets including the 145kg attempt. I knew this would knock quite a bit off my top end, but it meant I could make 100% sure that my shoulders didn't freak out. They didn't at all, but I didn't have enough in me for a PB lifting like this. However, it was close. That's also the best I've ever handled 130+kg weights, much better tightness. Essentially I've built my bench back up to more or less where it was before my AC joint almost separated, but with better stability and overall shoulder health :)

Overall, really pleased. 260kg was the weight that tore my hamstring back in November, so it felt good to get it reasonably tidily. All snaps are heading in the right direction, so I should be able to actually build on this rather than snap up again after hitting a peak.

Caporegime
Awesome work :)

Good news on your shoulder as well it seems! The speed on those deads are sexy, I really need to start putting maximal effort in every rep.

Also bro, elbow in the back of my shoulder, not nice.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
^ thanks :)

Training 08/07/13

Another hot day in the gym, but there was one spot with a really nice breeze. This was my home for most of the night.

Squats
60x10x5
and so it begins

Paused bench
bar x lots
60x10
80x3
100x3
110x1
120x3
112.5x3
112.5x3
112.5x3
Took it easy today, but rep quality was very high. Still on that very slow negative time for now.

High bar squats
60x5x3
Good

Paused bench with 4 chains
80x4
90x4
85x4
85x4
85x4

Narrow stance leg press 10x10 <90 second rests
yep - not fun

All kinds of hip stretching