iCue 7000x Build

Soldato
Replacement case arrived and it was shocking how much was missing from the case that was stripped for parts and returned.
The muppet even stole the dust filters

Some pretty nasty people about, i would hate to be a shop owner to have that returned to them by a customer. Customer would always deny it and then go as far as blasting them on social media.

Associate
OP
Some pretty nasty people about, i would hate to be a shop owner to have that returned to them by a customer. Customer would always deny it and then go as far as blasting them on social media.

Luckily I had an independent witness when I opened the box as he was helping with the water cooling.
As for the refund it has to go to Scotland when picked up.
I finally got acknowledgment of an ssd I returned yesterday 2 weeks after I sent it back with a msg saying it could take another 5-7 business days to refund so that would make it roughly 3 weeks in all.

Soldato
Luckily I had an independent witness when I opened the box as he was helping with the water cooling.
As for the refund it has to go to Scotland when picked up.
I finally got acknowledgment of an ssd I returned yesterday 2 weeks after I sent it back with a msg saying it could take another 5-7 business days to refund so that would make it roughly 3 weeks in all.
Returns postage can be sooooo slow, it's okay if you don't need a quick refund to buy something else but it does play on your mind when you're wondering where the hell it is!

Associate
OP
Returns postage can be sooooo slow, it's okay if you don't need a quick refund to buy something else but it does play on your mind when you're wondering where the hell it is!

I don’t get amazons policy. If you return an item to a drop off point the refund is in your account within 24 hours yet if you have it picked up the refund can take 3-4 weeks.
luckily I’ve got money coming in regularly or I’ll have to wait ages till I’ve been refunded to buy a new case.

I’ve given up today as the light in my living room made it look like I was working on the dark and my back’s gone from sitting in the same position for too long.

I’ve just started cable management of the rgb fans (can’t wait till they invent a header that cover power and rgb in one)

And hit a hurdle with my psu as it’s so long that I can’t have my 3.5 bays installed so may have to buy a new psu fml.

Associate
OP
So what started off as a replacement of a few things has turned into an almost complete new build. the only thing I’m moving over from my old rig is the fans and gpu but am on the hunt for a new one of them as well

Associate
OP
So for what seems like an eternity the build went on hold due to the shortage of graphics cards because of ******** scalpers buying up all the stock.
Yesterday I finally got one and I had already ordered the new ek waterblock for it, so I was stuck with what gpu I could buy. I went for the 3080ti founders edition.
The problem I had with installation is that the instructions how to get the cooler off and the instructions in general are pretty poor with very few YouTube videos to assist.
So an hour job took nearly 3 hours with most of it spent trying to remove one side of the protective film.

Soldato
Yeah they don't make it easy to remove those
Fe coolers a lot of the screws are stealthed
Expensive card too so not something
You want to try to force anything off for sure
That's quite a lot of thermal paste
More than I use anyway
I spread it thin with an old credit card etc
Still I guess everyone does it different
Some people do an X

Associate
OP
Yeah they don't make it easy to remove those
Fe coolers a lot of the screws are stealthed
Expensive card too so not something
You want to try to force anything off for sure
That's quite a lot of thermal paste
More than I use anyway
I spread it thin with an old credit card etc
Still I guess everyone does it different
Some people do an X

I watched loads of videos and spoke to Liam and the consensus was that it wouldn’t make a difference having too much but not enough could affect it so…

Associate
OP
Did we get any building done today?
Or the weather keep you at home?
Been pretty miserable out there today
Few nasty crashes on the a299
And heard the air ambulance around earlier

sorry mate only seen this today.
Yes we did get it sorted.
Took me over 2 hours to get to his today as there was 2 crashes as you said on the Thanet way and the A2 south was shut.
It’s at home now and had to delay filling as wanted to get some new led strips and a separate power supply to do a couple of fills and drains to make sure the loop is clear before adding mystic fog coolant.

Associate
OP
Tubing coming along. Liam had a nightmare with one of the bends which if it had been me I would’ve most likely given up and spent hundreds on extra fittings.

I’ve gone for a pull on the rear 140 rather then an exhaust as the front 480 rad is in pull so so needed some fresh cool air for the top 360 rad.

Associate
OP
Tubing complete. Conducted an air pressure test for leaks before filling with distilled water.
Almost couldn’t get the top blanking plug off to fill it as there wasn’t enough room to get the screwdriver in and didn’t have the correct size Allen key to undo it.
Luckily I had my thumb screwdriver with me which did the job.

Back
Top Bottom