If you are the F1 director...........

Man of Honour
New engine each race, refuelling, unlimited tyre selection. Get rid of the idea of any kind of engine, tyre, fuel saving nonsense that plagues modern F1 and let them race flat out. Remove nonsense tracks like Monaco that can barely fit the cars single file.

Cars must carry ballast based on their current championship position.

No no no. Exactly why I stopped watching touring cars.

Caporegime
New engine each race, refuelling, unlimited tyre selection. Get rid of the idea of any kind of engine, tyre, fuel saving nonsense that plagues modern F1 and let them race flat out. Remove nonsense tracks like Monaco that can barely fit the cars single file.

No no no. Exactly why I stopped watching touring cars.
They'e ttrying to save costs, not increase them. A new engine every race would massively increase costs for everyone.

Make every new component used cost 1 WCC point. Want a new engine every race? Then you take a 1 point penalty. New MGU-H, turbo and ICE? 3 points off per item. Both cars take the above? - 6 points. If they want to, let them but penalise them.

Man of Honour
They'e ttrying to save costs, not increase them. A new engine every race would massively increase costs for everyone.

Make every new component used cost 1 WCC point. Want a new engine every race? Then you take a 1 point penalty. New MGU-H, turbo and ICE? 3 points off per item. Both cars take the above? - 6 points. If they want to, let them but penalise them.

Worth paying for imo. It is a false economy if the lack of excitement turns the fans away.

Man of Honour
This would be a valid argument if it weren't for the drawbacks having a bigger negative effect. There's no "fighting through the pack" in the current formula.

Exactly, I certainly haven't seen much, if any, fighting through the pack with the current engine rules. I would also rather see them all fighting than the odd rogue who has decided to take a gamble on strategy or has turned their engine up. Sadly this is modern F1, car management and playing the long game. Tedious.

Soldato
Bring back refuelling
Bring back V12's
Bring back manual gearbox and clutch
Get rid of DRS
Remove tyre limitations
Better points distribution and additional points for race specifics e.g. fastest lap

Man of Honour
Fix the aero so it doesn’t corrupt the car behind and allows nose to tail in corner racing. Do that and 80% of F1’s issues are fixed.

Id like to go back to NA with 1200bhp because I think great racing cars need great noise.

Id like less grip meaning power needed work and skill to deploy and throttles needed balance not flooring at an apex.

Id remove driver controls outside pedals, gears and brake bias.

Id remove the stupid scaffold

Id allow teams to run more cars should they wish.

Id remove the need to run specific tyre types in a race and allow teams to use what they want.

Id banish electric recovery systems, kill the person who invented the idea and then Max Mosley just in case it wasn’t his idea.

Soldato
My main two concerns is tyre and fuel saving. We just watch all drivers race half distance taking it easy to save fuel and tyres - how boring.

All drivers should be flat out at all times.

EDIT:

Also, pay to view. Hate this. I can't afford to pay the Sky TV package just for the F1.

I now have to mess about with downloads, streams, or late Sunday nights watching the highlights. I can't remember the last race I watched live. They've made it hard to watch now.

Soldato
My main two concerns is tyre and fuel saving. We just watch all drivers race half distance taking it easy to save fuel and tyres - how boring.

All drivers should be flat out at all times.

That's never been the case in the history of F1, even during the Bridgestone years. It has never been about flat out 100% all race. I think the closest we got was Schumacher's legendary charge in a single stint against the McLarens in 1998 at the Hungaroring and to a degree Mansell's charge at Silverstone in 1987 (though he still had to save fuel).

The 50s, 60s and 70s were all about saving the cars and engines, the 80s was about saving fuel and the delicate turbo v6s, the 90s was about saving engines, fuel and tyres, the 00s about fuel, the 10s about tyres and with the reintroduction of the v6Ts fuel too.

F1 isn't in a good place at the moment but let's not get all romantic and pretend that F1 should be something it never has been.

Soldato
I would remove the minimum weight requirement. Also remove all engine restrictions. They can use whatever they want within a reasonable set of guidelines for safety (I.e. jet engines will be an issue).

Back
Top Bottom