Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Associate
You won’t regret it. Just check that everything is undamaged.

Im hoping IM OK as Im not particularly sensitive to a lot of the things people generally find off putting with monitors. I can live with minor imperfections at the price, but anything major itll be differnt of course. happens to be my day off work tomorrow so I can have a play about with it and see whats what. will post my tuppence when I have some thoughts.

Associate
Here is a picture of the backlight bleed of mine. You can also see the orange hue at the bottom left of the screen. Ignore the orange lighting behind the monitor.

Lx5iGNI.jpg

Anyway mine is being collected tomorrow for the scratch at the back. Even though the RMA got accepted over the phone when the monitor was still in stock, the lady said that they have to inspect the monitor before sending out another one, what if they don't have more stock to send out.

Associate
Here is a picture of the backlight bleed of mine. You can also see the orange hue at the bottom left of the screen. Ignore the orange lighting behind the monitor.

Anyway mine is being collected tomorrow for the scratch at the back. Even though the RMA got accepted over the phone when the monitor was still in stock, the lady said that they have to inspect the monitor before sending out another one, what if they don't have more stock to send out.

Yeah its going to be bit of a wait probably as they are clearly only getting a few at a time but I guess a RMA must come before anyone else being able to pre-order given that you have already paid for it, but I don't really know for certain. Are they paying for the return postage given the scuff marks on the rear or are you having to pick any of that up?

Caporegime
OP

Lx5iGNI.jpg

What brightness is the monitor at?

Caporegime
What brightness is the monitor at?
This. When I had my LG 29” ultrawide it looked terrible initially but when I reduced the brightness most of the BLB went away. It had brightness setting from 1-100 and most monitors and TV’s come with them set from the factory at ‘nuclear fireball’ so they look amazing under lights on display In the shops. When I finished adjusting mine the brightness was set to 8. Out of 100. And the what looked like terrible backlight bleed was nearly all gone.

Caporegime
Surprised this hasn't been getting more attention, in the world of ridiculously priced monitors, this actually seems fair!

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/iiya...monitor-mo-13j-iy.html?campaign=affiliate/tag

Apparently uses the same panel as this:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer...ide-led-backlit-gaming-monitor-mo-14x-ac.html

Kind of tempted tbh, although wouldn't mind giving these VA screens a try as a good contrast ratio and deeper blacks makes such a nice difference but then the colours and overall quality is nicer on IPS but maybe it's different for these new VA monitors now????

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...rved-widescreen-gaming-monitor-mo-00d-ms.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoc-...een-led-backlit-gaming-monitor-mo-059-ao.html

I have a VA and ips I'm returning.
The IPS has a bit too much back light bleed, and I dunno, the VA doesn't seem as good. Even on blacks. I have no idea why.

Associate
Hoping I don't need to RMA mine, but after it comes out of standby the right half of the screen has artefacts all over it. I have to turn it off then on and it's fine... should I be concerned or could this be driver issues?

Caporegime
OP
I have a VA and ips I'm returning.
The IPS has a bit too much back light bleed, and I dunno, the VA doesn't seem as good. Even on blacks. I have no idea why.

Yup, VA seems to be very hit and miss in a lot of areas.

As long as mine is as good as my lg 29 in terms of glow and blacks, I'll be happy, if not, then RMA time.

This was my LG 29 IPS monitor with a brightness of 120 nits (the recommended) and exposure adjusted to reflect what it looked like with my own eyes

QBHQawTh.png.jpg

Back
Top Bottom