1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Nexus18, May 14, 2020.

?

Is your monitor iiyama screen faulty?

1. Yes

35.7%
  2. No

64.3%
  1. NightElf

Associate

Totally get where you're coming from. Been bouncing off LG, Alienware and Acer for a while. Looked at MSI's offering too.

I had my sights on the older Alienware AW3418DW. I noticed at certain points of the year Dell have a crazy discount where they bring the price down to like £600-£700 (well on the AW3418DW at least).

Love the spec of the LG @160Hz and nano IPS =)
    Love the look of the Alienware and the idea of Dell warrenty =)

2. Martini1991

Caporegime

I'm kind of glad I didn't pull the trigger on this.

I've got 2 OLED TV's, and it's basically made me hold off on upgrading anything really as there's too many caveats with LCD's.
    So I've got my 34" 2560x1080 144HZ monitor, and even though I want an upgrade I won't buy another LCD.
    Same with my tablet and laptop lol.

3. Lucy Hulford

Associate

I'm abit confused. The Xbox One X is at a ratio of 16:9 and I've seen normal monitors, not ultra wide, with the same ratio. I'm assuming that this will be okay with a 60hz refresh rate? Or a 120hz? I actually thought that it would support a 144hz refresh rate. 1440p? Doesn't the Xbox One X support 4k? (3840 x 2160) You learn something new everyday. What would you guys suggest then? :confused:

4. Nexus18

Capodecina

Seen this on reddit from another buyer

[​IMG]

:D

5. Double07

Wise Guy

3440 x 1440 is 21:9 and not 16:9. 1440p is generally used to describe 2560 x 1440 i.e. 16:9 ratio. You asked the question in a thread for a 21:9 monitor which is why people were commenting on that aspect ratio. Basically stick to a 16:9 monitor and you'll be fine with consoles.

6. FirebarUK

Soldato

Just set mine up, in perfect condition and image quality is very good. I'm actually moving from an Asus PG348Q to this, for the 144Hz and Freesync. I can tell you that the image appears identical to me and I'm usually quite picky (cannot go with anything other than IPS panels for documents due to eye strain and blurring of text). Need to get used to the lack of curve but I don't think this will take me too long. As others have noted, I found it very bright out of the box but this tends to be personal preference - I'm on 35/35 for brightness/contrast. I've found the build quality better than my PG348Q, namely because the awful back of the monitor on the Asus *really* let's it down.

7. Nexus18

Capodecina

There's still hope for me then! :D

You get yours from ocuk?

8. Goose

Mobster

Even though i'm sending mine back because of the dead pixels i'd be tempted to try another one once they're in stock again. I've still been using the monitor the last 2 days before it goes back next week and it really is lovely. I'm dreading going back to my piece of poo 1440p 60hz AOC with its terrible glow, black levels etc..

9. Phage

Wise Guy

I have to say I'm very pleased with this one. Amazing bit of kit.

EDIT: I have been asked on Reddit. For those on VESA mounts and arms, the weight of the screen alone is 7Kg

10. Nexus18

Capodecina

11. Reppyboyo

Mobster

Screen mounts are generally very under-rated on the weight they can actually take.
    Probably worth a go being only 500g over the rated weight?

12. Parsley

Wise Guy

I have one, it holds it. I don't use it extended out the full distance though. (Disclaimer... it's 3 years old though and maybe different in some manner!)

13. Nexus18

Capodecina

Seems like it should be ok then!

If I keep it, it'll be going on the arm and sit pretty far back so shouldn't have any problems either :cool:

*watch as I get a perfect panel and the arm breaks*

:p

14. Captain

Capodecina

Is the general consensus at the moment to avoid this monitor until a rev.2 is out maybe?

15. FirebarUK

Soldato

I did, yes.

16. FirebarUK

Soldato

What sort of settings are folks running and happy with? Feel I need to run a little more calibration with it but keep brightness low :)

17. Phobos_

Associate

Mine was a touch too warm. I'm running Red at 98, Green at 99 and Blue at 100 on 25 brightness and 50 contrast. A site I like to use for calibration is: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

If you aren't doing colour critical work then it doesn't matter if the image is accurate. Only that you're happy with it.

18. FirebarUK

Soldato

Thanks, this seems more comfortable!

19. Double07

Wise Guy

I guess it must be really subjective for the average person as I have mine on brightness at 70 and contrast 60 on the normal colour profile. Based on previous monitors I always seem to like different settings to what is considered "good". To be fair my eyesight is pretty dire so its clearly got something to do with that but interesting to see most people saying its too bright off the bat and I find the opposite. Might be time for me to visit an optician post lockdown! :)

20. Double07

Wise Guy

Sadly there doesnt seem to be a consensus given it seems to be either people getting almost perfect ones or smashed/damaged/awful ones. Not a great deal in the middle, and some of the problems clearly arent firmware related, they are related to being flung about in transit. Be that from production to UK, or your local delivery driver we will never know. Only issue that firmware update might address is the screen freeze issue that fizes itself with alt+tab or ON>OFF.

TLDR bit of a lottery but it does have a 3 year warranty so its pretty much up to the buyer if they want to risk 400 quid on that :)

Last edited: May 24, 2020