1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Nexus18, May 14, 2020.

?

Is your monitor iiyama screen faulty?

1. Yes

35.7%
  2. No

64.3%
  1. KungFuSpaghetti

Wise Guy

The exact reason I got the screen was primarily for work. I already was using an IPS 144hz screen, but needed 2 screens and the previous screen being 32" meant an ultrawide was the obvious choice.
    It's brilliant for working on, I can have my coding on one side and anything else on the other and size wise it's easily big enough and legible. I have increased my scaling in Winders to 113% but that's my 39 year olds eyes lol.

I had previously had the AOC CU34G2X 144 VA on order but cancelled for this. So far im glad I did.

2. Nexus18

Capodecina

Using this, I have found +2 to be better

https://www.testufo.com/ghosting

EDIT:

also, this is 10 bit, could be 8 bit + FRC but I don't think it is

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  3. Kratos1029

Associate

Hi, anyone experiencing "no signal" after waking up from sleep? It works fine after switching the monitor off and on. Tried re-inserting the cables again and it appears to resolve itself, but reverts back to doing "no signal" again, after a while. I'm using displayport with my GTX 1070.

4. Reppyboyo

Mobster

+2 introduces overshoot for me. (look for the purple trails)

5. Nexus18

Capodecina

Can't say I notice any, there probably is but the motion of the UFOs looks a lot clearer to my eyes with +2 :/

EDIT:

Just to report, no issues with sleep etc. still.

Starting to think it could be nvidia gpus not playing nicely with the monitor?

6. Phage

Wise Guy

That was my thought, and why I posted the firmware update link. No issues on my 1080ti though

7. Matkinson

Gangster

Yeah not having any standby issues on my 2070. Touch wood lol.

8. KungFuSpaghetti

Wise Guy

My standby issues have gone for a few days now... really odd...

9. 413x

Capodecina

When it says matte for the screen what does this actually mean? I'm not sure if my monitors are matte or gloss

10. KungFuSpaghetti

Wise Guy

It means it's not a glossy reflective glass like finish to the screen is all.

11. Nexus18

Capodecina

As said above.

There are different types of matte finishes too, some have a hazy effect and some have no hazy effect at all. My 29um65 was superb for its finish, it had a nice "pop" look to it where the image feels like it's floating on top of the display where as the iiyama is ever so slightly muted, almost like a screen protector over it, but I am extremely fussy about this so it probably wouldn't bother 99% of other people :p

EDIT:

One other niggling "feature/issue", so when freesync is enabled, you can't enable any of the other features, which is understandable, however, can't even adjust the aspect ratio of the monitor to suit other systems with freesync turned on :/

12. KungFuSpaghetti

Wise Guy

yeah I noticed that if you want HDR etc on then no freesync... although I'll be honest, I've never been able to tell the difference with having gsync/freesync enabled in games, but then I always try to target a minimum of 100fps in most games I play.

13. Nexus18

Capodecina

It's not really a big deal either as this monitor like 99% of the other so called HDR monitors out there don't actually have the proper hardware to do what HDR was made for, it's just a case of it being able to support a HDR signal and that's it.

14. KungFuSpaghetti

Wise Guy

I dont really get HDR to be honest, just looks like someone has turned the digital vibrance up to 70% lol

15. Double07

Wise Guy

Yeah happens now and again to me but I am used to it from my old monitor which also did it so it doesnt really bother me but I get it can be a bit infuriating :)

16. Double07

Wise Guy

Yeah you arent going to get proper HDR at this price point, its just not practical really. Its more there as a "yeah it can accept a HDR signal" but I wouldnt bother with it to be honest. Id rather have a good SDR image than a crap HDR one to be honest.

17. Fyter

Gangster

I feel like HDR on current value monitors are gimmick, Id rather wait for OLEDs for HDR capabilities. They have true blacks and have deep rich colours. Having HDR on IPS which has low contrast ratio to begin with is wishful thinking at this price bracket.

18. firegate

Associate

Try to disable hybrid sleep (sleep settings in the advanced power options). That solved the issue for me, but at least once that setting turned itself back on. I will check the firmware upgrade tool later on my computer as well.

19. Nexus18

Capodecina

HDR is fantastic on a proper display especially OLED, nothing like it.

Always pains me going from LCD displays to OLED.

20. Poolybit

Wise Guy

I have had the screen all boxed up ready to send back but I thought I would give this a try first. My card (1080) was flagged for an upgrade so I have done that and I will get it set back up again.

Out of interest those running nvidia cards who haven't had issues, have you got gsync enabled?