Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Associate
I'm also interested in the curved version also.

It will be for office work, cad etc. Is this the ideal monitor for such work?

Associate
OP
I'm also interested in the curved version also.

It will be for office work, cad etc. Is this the ideal monitor for such work?

I intend to use this monitor for both office work and gaming. Ultrawide is great for office work due to the extra real estate. A curved screen helps if you sit close (~60cm or less) - less moving of the head etc. I have seen mixed comments on CAD and curved screens, with a number saying it is a personal preference. If you were doing a lot of art work (photoshop etc) then I would say you would be better off with an IPS panel rather than a VA panel. There will be a compromise at this budget (~£400-600) for an UW, and I don't feel spending x2-3 times as much actually gets a screen which is x2-3 times better.

Hopefully @NikTheSHNIK will have an amazing deal for us soon and some news on when the stock is landing.

Associate
I intend to use this monitor for both office work and gaming. Ultrawide is great for office work due to the extra real estate. A curved screen helps if you sit close (~60cm or less) - less moving of the head etc. I have seen mixed comments on CAD and curved screens, with a number saying it is a personal preference. If you were doing a lot of art work (photoshop etc) then I would say you would be better off with an IPS panel rather than a VA panel. There will be a compromise at this budget (~£400-600) for an UW, and I don't feel spending x2-3 times as much actually gets a screen which is x2-3 times better.

Hopefully @NikTheSHNIK will have an amazing deal for us soon and some news on when the stock is landing.

Fingers crossed! I've seen 13 July on one stockist and 24 July on another

OcUK Staff
Associate
OP
@NikTheSHNIK ordered :D Keep us posted on the delivery status. Never ordered anything before without reading some reviews etc. In theory the back ground research stacks up and we know what we are getting into @markwilliams82 given the competition, price and other monitors that are using this panel... fingers are crossed! Roll on delivery...

Caporegime
Really can't decide on either this or the 27" ips monitor. What would be the better one for ps4 pro gaming?
Given most PS4 games won’t go above 60Hz and AFAIK most wont support the 21:9 resolution I’m not even sure this is a good monitor for that use. I’d probably go for the 27” IPS.

unless you’ll be using this on a PC as well?

Associate
I ordered one of these last night. After reading the horror stories in the gb3461wqsu thread my expectations are set accordingly :D I will post a detailed review as soon as mine arrives!

Permabanned
Had an email from another retailer confirming there shipment and that mine will despatch on Monday. They have 20 coming in and i was number 12
I guess we both ordered from that place, then did you put your preorder? Funny enough on 30th last month I have received email from ccl, that they got item it stock, but they never updated their Web. I think it was just a dick sales move trying to make you preorder from them.

Back
Top Bottom