Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Associate
OP
Hi all. Been on the phone to OcUK and the monitor is being collected tomorrow. OcUK were great. Just feel very disappointed with Iiyama for 'appearing' to release something with a serious fault. My CRT VisionMaster Pro 410 was an awesome Iiyama product that I had for a number of years and served me well, a long time ago! Sadly this Iiyama product did not do the same. Good luck to all those others that have this product.

I did get the UK number for Iiyama (01926 819189) but sadly they could not help or advise further.

Associate
Anyone with the monitor able to see if it supports 10bit with dithering?
The flickering could be a non vesa certified cable causing issues among a few other things like firmware or drivers.

Associate
I just wan't to add that in The Netherlands also a lot of people are complaining about this issue. I am also the one who created this thread on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem...1kl/flickering_issue_with_new_iiyama_gmaster/ and recorded and posted this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nui76qpJwsE
I have a working Displayport 1.4 cable, which I have been using with my old 75Hz FreeSync monitor without any problems. i also tried the cable which Iiyama provided.
Someone on a Dutch forum also said that he used a Club 3D vesa certified display port cable without any luck. Lest hope Iiyama can provide a solution, or else I will return mine. But as far as I know, the AOC monitor (with the same panel) tends to have the same problem..

Associate
@devilman_079 I think I may have got lucky (hope so and fingers crossed)

I've got one connected to my PC that is powered by a RTX 2070 and is running at 3440 x 1440 @ 144hz refresh rate. On the monitors settings I've got HDR and Freesync on (although dont think it's recognised as a G-Sync compatible monitor) and touch wood all ok.
The performance in windows is not an issue and I bought Doom Eternal in the Steam sale a few weeks back but waited until I got this monitor to play it to see how it runs and its been smooth at the 3440 x 1440 res and at Ultra Nightmare settings.
I'll admit I have an issue when I first connected where it seems to flicker randomly and make a sound as if it was losing power but when I checked, my own stupidy whilst setting up didn't have the power lead in fully. I'm using both the power lead and DP lead supplied

Pics below.....

I also have a second which again, seems fine but on a different setup for my missus and her home work. Again its at 3440 x 1440 but this time only at 100hz refresh rate as its using on board graphics (for now) No issues on this one again, all office and Windows use thrown at it has been absolutely fine

I'm hoping I'm lucky and have a couple of good screens

Associate
@devilman_079 I think I may have got lucky (hope so and fingers crossed)

I've got one connected to my PC that is powered by a RTX 2070 and is running at 3440 x 1440 @ 144hz refresh rate. On the monitors settings I've got HDR and Freesync on (although dont think it's recognised as a G-Sync compatible monitor) and touch wood all ok.
The performance in windows is not an issue and I bought Doom Eternal in the Steam sale a few weeks back but waited until I got this monitor to play it to see how it runs and its been smooth at the 3440 x 1440 res and at Ultra Nightmare settings.
I'll admit I have an issue when I first connected where it seems to flicker randomly and make a sound as if it was losing power but when I checked, my own stupidy whilst setting up didn't have the power lead in fully. I'm using both the power lead and DP lead supplied

Pics below.....

I also have a second which again, seems fine but on a different setup for my missus and her home work. Again its at 3440 x 1440 but this time only at 100hz refresh rate as its using on board graphics (for now) No issues on this one again, all office and Windows use thrown at it has been absolutely fine

I'm hoping I'm lucky and have a couple of good screens

Maybe you are lucky. Could you maybe start CRU and export your settings and upload them? Maybe something is different.

Associate
Hi all. Been on the phone to OcUK and the monitor is being collected tomorrow. OcUK were great. Just feel very disappointed with Iiyama for 'appearing' to release something with a serious fault. My CRT VisionMaster Pro 410 was an awesome Iiyama product that I had for a number of years and served me well, a long time ago! Sadly this Iiyama product did not do the same. Good luck to all those others that have this product.

I did get the UK number for Iiyama (01926 819189) but sadly they could not help or advise further.

OK? You gave up very soon. Although I can understand. I don't think it can and will be solved by not returning it.
Just curious what your next screen will be?

I actually don't know atm.... I have a Lg34gn850 on its way. But it's way more I would pay for a monitor. At least I can see if it's worth almost double the price. It's IPS vs VA.
Also the Coolermaster GM-34CW i have been looking at. Same panel as Iiyama.... But no reports of flickering. But also a third more expensive than Iiyama.

Associate
@markwilliams82 Like miicker also asks, could you please share some information about your settings, mainly as they appear in CRU? You are the first person that I can find that comments on working freesync/g-sync.

LRT

LRT

Associate
Same here. I'm running the monitor with 5700XT (Sapphire) and at 144 Hz every 3 to 10 seconds the screen flickers like hell. However, I still think it's a very good value for that sort of money, and I'm using the monitor for work as well (mostly various terminals) so I think I'm going to keep it and just ask Iiyama to investigate the root cause instead. I mean, other than the intermittent flickering, it's a very decent display.

Soldato
Same here. I'm running the monitor with 5700XT (Sapphire) and at 144 Hz every 3 to 10 seconds the screen flickers like hell. However, I still think it's a very good value for that sort of money, and I'm using the monitor for work as well (mostly various terminals) so I think I'm going to keep it and just ask Iiyama to investigate the root cause instead. I mean, other than the intermittent flickering, it's a very decent display.

So you can't run yours at 144hz without it flickering?

LRT

LRT

Associate
144 Hz with Freesync - yeah, flickering is intermittent, but it's there. No flickering at 144 Hz with Freesync disabled though. Also, I expected some heavy smearing from a VA panel but I guess things improved since I used a different VA panel years ago; can't complain about that.

Associate
I have this arriving tomorrow (finally!!!)
I have a 980Ti so won't be able to use freesync, display port version is too old, but my fathers PC has a 1650 super so I'll test it on there and see if I get any flicker.
Waiting on the 3000/rdna2 series to push it to the 144hz.

Associate
I also have the flicker problem. It’s not as bad as some people’s I have seen but it’s irritating. However I have managed to find a slight workaround. It’s not perfect but it might potentially stop me from RMAing the monitor.

I have found it I use CRU and edit the Freesync range from 48-144hz to 48-143hz it’s perfect.

I am worried about RMAing it mainly as other than that the monitor is great. No dead pixels etc etc.

Will definitely be looking at the CRU of the one working one when it gets uploaded tho!

Associate
Thank you very much for taking the trouble to make these pictures and screenshots. Much appreciated. But it seems that you have not activated G-Sync in the Nidia Control Panel. Otherwise the Miscellaneous menu on the monitor would also display FREESYNC below the 3440x1440 / in front of SDR. Otherwise the settings are identical to what I have. Without G-sync enabled I indeed have not noticed any flickering so far. But with G-sync enable the flickering is clearly and annoyingly present.

EDIT: I used this guide for enabling G-Sync https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ag6a9f/how_to_enable_adaptivesync_freesync_if_you_have/

Last edited:
Associate
Ok now I'm starting to sound like I don't believe you, but that's not the case. Really. :) I just want to make sure we comparing apples with apples. Would you please enable the G-Sync Compatible Indicator https://i.imgur.com/PrCuCFn.png and run f.e. the Pendulum demo or any other application/game that supports adaptive sync. Do you see a G-SYNC ON indicator appearing? For me it is somewhere on the left side of the screen.

I did notice anthoer small difference, but I doubt very much it makes a difference. My Nvidia Control panel names the monitor "Idek Iiyama PL3466WQ". No idea with Idek means.

EDIT: Apparently IDEK is/was officially part of the brand name: IDEK iiyama. https://iiyama.com/gl_en/company/#history

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom