Im going to kill my girlfriend (figuratively speaking)

Caporegime
Shifty, can I ask what you do for a living? I'm asking because your spelling/grammer is pretty bad yet you get paid £50k??

Sorry but I'm calling BS here ;)

Not a personal jibe by the way, just curious :D

Associate
OP
Im an electrician and you think my grammer is bad you should see my hand writing and £50k is on a good year there are a lot of swings and round abouts like no sickpay so im not some hot exec with a big office if thats what you think

Associate
So you can't afford a nice Dell 24 or 27, never mind, get a 22 and hide the tape measure!

A successfull relationship is based on the 'need to know' principle, and she doesn't need to know!

£1800 a month mortgage, that hurts!

Associate
OP
Thats yoda like advice malcolm I like it and yeah its nice to know the banks are looking out for us first time buyers WTF indeed.

Associate
OP
Yeah same here and she will totally fall for it now this is the sort of help I need thanks guys.
My girlfriend wants to know why I'm laughing if she only knew .

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

Yep

And she is on £16000 and I can earn from £35000 to £50000 a year

Then buy your own you cheapskate... You earn 3 x amount as her minimum.... you need shooting you do. Get back to reality ya big puff.

Soldato
Im an electrician and you think my grammer is bad you should see my hand writing and £50k is on a good year there are a lot of swings and round abouts like no sickpay so im not some hot exec with a big office if thats what you think

im certain we dont think your some hot exec, honestly and i think i speak for most of the forum here...

swings and roundabouts?

no sickpay
no overtime rates
no holiday pay
oh and you forgot all about your "self assessment tax" and NIC contributions

This thread is such BS, in the way you have painted such a picture of your personal situation.
Why would anyone in their right mind thats on such money a year give a damn between a £200 or £400 monitor particulary as someone in such a position would "likely" have several credit cards and with a £1800 monthly morgage mean thier living in a 300k property.

Arnt these forums full of threads already determining what are the best current monitors/HDTVs to buy but thanks for such a wonderfull story.

Think you should keep an eye on the "weekly specials" here on OCUK also show a bit more respect for the lady.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have that sammy and I can't fault it.

Although it's "too bright!" according to the mrs when she's trying to sleep lol

You'll have some gg's tho :)

you the same shifty from cz/cs?

Soldato
im certain we dont think your some hot exec, honestly and i think i speak for most of the forum here... <jealousy>

BS, you speak for yourself Mr. Grumpy. So the guy earns a decent paycheck... get over it.
He posted some background to his request, what the hell is wrong with that? Should everything on the forum be completely impersonal? You people can be so mean for no reason, seriously.

Shifty, I understand your predicament, and you made a huge mistake letting her know the cost! :D Do as was suggested above and measure from left to right, also, dont mention the cost!

If you are confident you can afford it, then do it... it's your money :)

Soldato
BS, you speak for yourself Mr. Grumpy. So the guy earns a decent paycheck... get over it.
He posted some background to his request, what the hell is wrong with that? Should everything on the forum be completely impersonal? You people can be so mean for no reason, seriously.

i dont think mr latte has anything to be jealous of lol. a combined income of >£5k/month and he seriously cant afford a bigger monitor? mental. its not for us to say what he does weith his money but come on, id have no problems affording it on that income.

Soldato
Yeah, the Dells 2407WFP are nice monitors mate. Go for one of them.

His combined salary if he is earning £35k is more like 3k a month (1 from his gf, the rest from him). I know that because my personal situation is pretty similar and I can't just go and buy £400 monitors. And I have a much smaller mortgage than him.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ok fair enough im sorry if my back story has P,ed anyone of I just thought it might make the post a little more interesting and I didnt have the intention of telling people about my finacial situation but they asked , but I wont next time oh and im not self employed I work for a JIB registered company .
Anyway thanks for the advice to all those who gave it but I think the Samsung SM-226BW is the one and cz/cs? sorry guru
And thanks junkie your comment where apreciated .

Oh and I know I can affor a big monitor I was gonna splash out on a 30-40 inch lcd tv screen its the mrs who objects and I guess fair is fair I stop her spending a fortune too on shoes and stuff so I cant complain to much.

Last edited:
Soldato

Shifty, I understand your predicament, and you made a huge mistake letting her know the cost! :D Do as was suggested above and measure from left to right, also, dont mention the cost!

If you are confident you can afford it, then do it... it's your money :)

Actually its nothing about my personal circumstances, FYI i own my own business thats doing fine but im not on here spouting about my personal situation or the wife/family i live with. The point of my posting is the lack of taste in the OPs post and total disrespect for whoever this girl is.

Seriously doesnt show good character for any individual. It shows nothing but his own selfishness and for me looks like silly boasting on his wage.

I have pointed out that if anyone had such money cirmumstances as a £1800 pm morgage two car payments, other credit and DD's living costs meaning easily £3k a month outgoings would you be in a position were £200 is an issue or something such a couple would argue over? Furthermore were meant to believe a guy on at least £700 a week is worried about a £200 odd purchase, come off it honestly your having a laugh mate ...

Back
Top Bottom