Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

After a second Kraken X62 AOI failed in 4 years, dumped them and gone back to air cooling.

Can't fault the Noctua DH15 at all. Almost silent at full pelt and the temps are better than the AOI's

uOQSYu1.jpg.png

Looks so ugly though. Why do noctua have to make such ugly gear?

Doesnt have to be so. Here's my NH-D15S

nh-d15s-1.jpg

nh-d15s-2.jpg

We don't all have unlimited funds...

A decent air cooler is almost as good performance wise and will pretty much last forever or until you can no longer get a bracket to fit the latest cpu socket. My Thermalright True black lasted me so long, but sadly I couldn't source an AM4 bracket, so had to buy a BeQuiet Dark Rock 4 instead. Which I'm hoping will last me another 8 years or more.

I'm thinking about going back to standard coolers.

I've had AIO on both CPU and GPU until I got my 10080ti and with a custom curve on both voltage and fans it doesn't throttle and stays cool. The noise is mild, I don't think an AIO would be quiter

AIOs just sent quiet enough in my limited experience to bother with. Nor are they better at cooling.

Linus video recently showed this too.

AIO's look a lot smarter though and imo are easier to fit.

I was considering going back to an air cooler too, but in the end when I tried to fit the Be Quiet one I purchased, my case wasn't big enough to house it properly.

Beyond that it was fiddly to try and install, as decent air coolers are pretty large!

When I re-fit my AIO cooler I had a fresh sense of perspective. The AIO cooler was like a dream to install comparably, and in the end I think it just looks a nicer when installed.

my problem philosophically with AIOs, and correct me if I'm wrong, is you've got one or more fans on the radiator and another moving part in the pump. the more moving parts you have the greater the chance of failure, and that's not including the small potential for liquid escape.

After a second Kraken X62 AOI failed in 4 years, dumped them and gone back to air cooling.

Can't fault the Noctua DH15 at all. Almost silent at full pelt and the temps are better than the AOI's

uOQSYu1.jpg.png

my qualm with this is three fans in series.

Last edited by a moderator:
3Wvfjxg.jpg.png

A cracked plant pot. Sent from China to the UK in a jiffy bag :rolleyes:. This is the third item I have ordered from Amazon marketplace recently and the third issue with the order. I'm beginning to see a pattern forming. Also the sellers never seem to care as Amazon doesn't have the buyer protection ebay/paypal does.

Surely after getting stiffed twice you'd have stayed away?
It wasn't by the same seller... Plus I made the 3 orders along with a few more in the same week. I have over 700 feedback on ebay, so probably around 1000 transactions and have had one or two issues in that time (that were sorted out easily), so I wouldn't have expected Amazons version of ebay to so problematic.

Back
Top Bottom