Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

A few bits :)

JLE90351.jpg

JLE90352.jpg

JLE90354.jpg

JLE90355.jpg

JLE90356.jpg

- Digital Calliper - always wanted one
- Helping hands, I plan on doing custom PSU cables so this will come in handy.
- 3 pack of braided USB-C cables
- Glass scorer
- Mayhems Pastel Light Gray 1L
- 3 x 50mm of Mayhems Glass Tubing. I doubt I need more than half of this but I also expect to make a load of mistakes so I am contingency planning :p

So, that's a yes. :p

Should be a pretty nice system once done. :cool:
:D

Yeah hopefully it should come out well, certainly putting the time and effort into it.

Good luck using that tool to score/cut the glass tubing.

I've read mixed reviews about them. There doesn't seem to be a one defining tool people should just pay up for. There just seem to be a mixture of averagely priced tools each of which do an "ok" job

PC master race all the way.... but can't deny the MacBook Air I've had since 2013 and use most days, is still running as good as the day I bought it, and the other half has had at least 3 mid-range Windows laptops in that time.
Apple products are horribly overpriced... but some of them are worth the money in the long run.

I bought my previous 2013 MacBook pro after the pretty decent PC that I built (2.4ghz i5, 16gb RAM - with lots of help from this forum) started to slow down and give me problems. Pretty much everything in that PC was at least twice the spec of my 2013 MacBook, but it only lasted a year running Windows before it was a pain to use. I dismantled it, sold the parts on the MM and bought the Pro.

That same Pro is the one I just replaced. It had absolutely nothing wrong with it, as said half the spec of the PC but still running like it did brand new in 2013.

I only upgraded because my wife got a new one through work and I was jealous :D

But normally people install loads of junk on there PC's which ends up slowing them down
Do mac owners also normally install loads of junk on there mac's ?

I'd say due to my sudden switch to Mac which was new to me I arguably installed more applications on it then I ever would on a PC. Still not had any problems.

Neither has my wife with either of hers, she is a medical researcher running simulations all day long on both of them and her 2015 is still running like new. The Windows laptop they gave her to start off with in her first post-doc died after a couple months.

Now I know I sound like an Apple fanboy haha, but I just really have no reason to not swear by the quality and longevity of a MacBook Pro. I still run android for every other part of my life as I detest most of Apple, I hate iPhones.

Last edited:
The scoring part wobbled about a lot and was hard to get a single score line with it, i think it was 16mm i tried it with.
Did you see Jays video where he used a drill to hold the glass tubing and turn it? It showed some wobble but not enough to cause a problem, it seemed.

Yeah 16mm seems too big (oo-er missus!)

Anyway, I'll do a full build log - keep an eye out for Project TARDIS :) - I'll share my experiences with the tool and glass tubing in there.

Yeah i seen that, dunno why i bought 16mm that time, i've always used the 12mm PETG and metal tubing and all my fittings are for 12mm.

I'll be looking for the build!.

Nice - I was thinking of getting the AD400.. Not sure I can stretch to the 600 .

edit I've just notice this QT version is cheaper than the AD400??

edit 2 - It's a plug in version :o

It is the QT400 version, the box has 600 on it regardless of model.

Yeah, it is the mains version. I have an 8hr studio shoot coming up and a battery one will not be suitable.

iNQDfnS.jpg.png

Bought some saws over the last few weeks as I plan to start making some fine furniture and other wood projects. Also spent a small fortune on various other tools over the past few months, but they're all good quality tools that should last a lifetime.

Went for a 20 TPI and 14 TPI rip cut dovetail saws, a 14 TPI crosscut carcass saw and a 12 TPI rip cut 14" Tenon saw, which should cover everything I need.

Whilst that is true, i'd rather go direct from Manchester with Ryanair than change over in either London (BA) or Amsterdam (KLM) to go with someone decent!

I miss Monarch, they used to be great for getting to Alicante years ago.

iNQDfnS.jpg.png

Bought some saws over the last few weeks as I plan to start making some fine furniture and other wood projects. Also spent a small fortune on various other tools over the past few months, but they're all good quality tools that should last a lifetime.

Went for a 20 TPI and 14 TPI rip cut dovetail saws, a 14 TPI crosscut carcass saw and a 12 TPI rip cut 14" Tenon saw, which should cover everything I need.

These look so nice, love good quality tools.

Back
Top Bottom