Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

In what way? AMD are kicking intels anus all over the shop atm.

Try looking at the reviews?

IPC still isn't there.

They're a heck of a lot better than they have been the last decade... but not quite there yet.

I'm hopeful for the next gen... if they keep improving at this rate... then they will exceed Intel with their next release.

Can't wait for that to happen... excited... but please don't kid yourself that they're winning... that's just silly.

Try looking at the reviews?

IPC still isn't there.

They're a heck of a lot better than they have been the last decade... but not quite there yet.

I'm hopeful for the next gen... if they keep improving at this rate... then they will exceed Intel with their next release.

Can't wait for that to happen... excited... but please don't kid yourself that they're winning... that's just silly.
IPC is actually the same, or even higher with AMD, it is clock speeds where Intel still win, and that is only of use for games which make use of higher clock speeds. when both intel and AMD processors are set to say 4ghz each, intel get thrashed in games. the AMD chips have a significantly greater overall performance advantage at the moment, both measured £ for £, and also in terms of 'just the best'. the 3900k basically matches kills the 9900k in virtually every useful performance benchmark. hell, the 3700k is a better chip than the 9900k.

Intel are screwed

Great to see AMD doing so well. Intel rested on its laurels screwing people for outrageous sums for mediocre CPU's for years. If I used my PC more often (just don't get the time at the moment) I'd be buying an AMD setup.

IPC is actually the same, or even higher with AMD, it is clock speeds where Intel still win, and that is only of use for games which make use of higher clock speeds. when both intel and AMD processors are set to say 4ghz each, intel get thrashed in games. the AMD chips have a significantly greater overall performance advantage at the moment, both measured £ for £, and also in terms of 'just the best'. the 3900k basically matches kills the 9900k in virtually every useful performance benchmark. hell, the 3700k is a better chip than the 9900k.

Intel are screwed

and it is 7nm, whereas Intel is struggling to do 10nm at the moment. Not to mention the architecture of AMD has moved to modular, they can add to the design of the chip much easier, 12 cores, 16 cores, 20 cores, it can move forward at a much faster pace.

These look so nice, love good quality tools.

Thanks, yeah same here, I have been buying loads of old tools recently and restoring them. The top 3 saws are a bit of a marmite look as they combine the more traditional design (like the bottom saw) with a more modern look. I personally really like the look of them though. They use a stainless steel powder/glass fibre/resin mix for the spine which is something I had never heard of before. It looks like plastic, but feels high density and cold to the touch like metal.

Intel rested on its laurels screwing people for outrageous sums for mediocre CPU's for years. If I used my PC more often (just don't get the time at the moment) I'd be buying an AMD setup.
LOL

If you think the intel cpu's were so mediocre why was everyone buying them instead of an AMD cpu for all them years ?

LOL

If you think the intel cpu's were so mediocre why was everyone buying them instead of an AMD cpu for all them years ?

Because they were better than the AMD offerings at the time I imagine, they still weren't exactly groundbreaking. That's why I stuck with my 2500k for so long, nothing they released offered enough of a performance increase at a reasonable price for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom