Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

@mrk Couldn't you have sharpened the blades? Nutri ninjas are great though, I paid a lot more than that for mine a few years back, but it's still going strong. Seems like a good bit of kit.

My old Andrew James smoothie maker has finally decided to blunt its blade and no longer creates smooth smoothies :(

I've been told for ages that Nutri Ninjas are amazing so figured now's the time. £30 for a Ninja Slim 700W? I could Gumtree the old one for £20 too :cool:

rps20191208_193044.jpg

The quality difference in even the plastic cup is substantial considering they both cost the same price.

I got a nutribullet a few months ago, also pretty decent. If you've got a modular one you might well find official or 3rd party spare parts available on the likes of e-bay/Amazon marketplace etc... I've got a spare blade module and a couple of extra containers etc...

My old Andrew James smoothie maker has finally decided to blunt its blade and no longer creates smooth smoothies :(

I've been told for ages that Nutri Ninjas are amazing so figured now's the time. £30 for a Ninja Slim 700W? I could Gumtree the old one for £20 too :cool:

rps20191208_193044.jpg

The quality difference in even the plastic cup is substantial considering they both cost the same price.

Seems like a good buy, thought depends if the 700W motor is rated/enough power to blend ice and other heavier items like nuts / seeds.

Last year I got a 1000W Ninja (this) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QB7G10Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Suprising I use it quite a lot still, at least 4 times a week mostly becase it's so easy to clean.
I also bought a 1.4 litre pitcher jug attachment. Worth it to make 4 or 5 drinks at once - https://ninjakitchen.eu/uk/product/1-4l-multi-serve-cup/

My girlfriend bought a 'Jetblend' from USA. Its portable and charges with USB. I told her not to buy it because the motor will be terrible... anyway, she tried it once and it couldnt even blend a banana so it went on eBay :D I joked that I would put her Jetblend in the Ninja and grind it up

edit -

eHpqNHth.jpg

Last edited:
I get around the whole protein thing by just consuming copious amounts of chicken. :D

Snap, but with fish too and steak and eggs
A banana, 4 eggs and a bit of butter quickly blended together makes for some very nice scrambled banana egg or banana omlette
I mainly use mine for juicing oranges and other fruit collected from leftovers at work (free daily fruit baskets)

Vote title change to ' Man of Terrible Snacks ' :p

I haven't even got used to this one yet lol

Not sure which is worse, the dust, or the colour of that shake! :p

Don't hate on colours, that's racist.

@mrk Couldn't you have sharpened the blades? Nutri ninjas are great though, I paid a lot more than that for mine a few years back, but it's still going strong. Seems like a good bit of kit.

Probably could have, but I needed an excuse to upgrade :D

I got a nutribullet a few months ago, also pretty decent. If you've got a modular one you might well find official or 3rd party spare parts available on the likes of e-bay/Amazon marketplace etc... I've got a spare blade module and a couple of extra containers etc...

Haven't really looks at modular items as all I use this for is making smoothies for which it seems perfect. I have noticed Ninja have spare blades etc on the website, £15 for one which is reasonable assuming it lasts at least 2 years on the original.

Seems like a good buy, thought depends if the 700W motor is rated/enough power to blend ice and other heavier items like nuts / seeds.

Last year I got a 1000W Ninja (this) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QB7G10Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Suprising I use it quite a lot still, at least 4 times a week mostly becase it's so easy to clean.
I also bought a 1.4 litre pitcher jug attachment. Worth it to make 4 or 5 drinks at once - https://ninjakitchen.eu/uk/product/1-4l-multi-serve-cup/

My girlfriend bought a 'Jetblend' from USA. Its portable and charges with USB. I told her not to buy it because the motor will be terrible... anyway, she tried it once and it couldnt even blend a banana so it went on eBay :D I joked that I would put her Jetblend in the Ninja and grind it up

edit -
:D

It's worth noting my old one was 220W so this being 700W is a marked step up. The old one did smoothie nuts brazil/walnuts just fine but the blades just weren't sharp enough after about 2 years or so. I make a smoothie 5-7 times a week now so it gets heavy usage and I really like how the Ninja has not dial or buttons. Just press on and it gets going then lift off when done.

I get around the whole protein thing by just consuming copious amounts of chicken. :D

Oh I have lots of chicken and fish too lol, but I need to intake a considerable amount of calories a day for my metabolic rate so at the end of each day a smoothie adds the boost I need. Since I'e started adding Spirulina to the smoothies too I've noticed a sense of extra energy reserves and muscle fatigue comes much later than previously. It still smells and tastes rank on its own, but I think I'll start sprnkling it on most foods I eat now from curries to drinks. Like a crack fiend, but not crack :p

Worth noting the ninja can also blend chicken - cooked and raw, at least with the 1000W. I did raw chicken and tomatoes into a paste. It wasnt the best to be honest! :D

What did you do with the paste??
I made the paste to cook small chicken tomato meatballs and eat with spinach.
They didnt fry well though as they seperated and took ages to look like they were cooked - ended up binning them as it was only 2 small chicken breasts

Back
Top Bottom