Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Caporegime
I see loads of pallet every day at work, so I really don't get it. They're pieces of wood you ship **** on, why would you want that in your house?

Anyway, I hope it works nicely for you.

It's a low cost effective way of getting a solid bed base. We really like the look. Saw plenty of examples online and has a certain rustic/retro/hipster look to it, which I am ashamed to say I like! :p

The bed base cost €100 in total. €80 for the pallets and then €20 in fittings and several hours work sanding and prepping and bolting them together.

The mattress cost €570, reduced from €650. It's odd how the most expensive mattress I have ever owned is on the cheapest bed base :D

Soldato
Just finished setting up my Denon AVR 2300 amp and Samsung UE55KS8000 HDR 4K TV, HDR in particular is stunning. :)

IMG_6456.jpg

Soldato
The mattress cost €570, reduced from €650. It's odd how the most expensive mattress I have ever owned is on the cheapest bed base :D

Don't forget that bed bases are also designed to have mattresses on them and as such work with the mattress to support you. That being said, I've no idea how much of that is just salesman mumbo jumbo, but it could be that the money you've spent on the mattress is being wasted because of how its interacting with the base.

Caporegime
Don't forget that bed bases are also designed to have mattresses on them and as such work with the mattress to support you. That being said, I've no idea how much of that is just salesman mumbo jumbo, but it could be that the money you've spent on the mattress is being wasted because of how its interacting with the base.

I think that is maybe a load of sales pitch :p - my last bed base was a pine frame with wooden flats. This is the same but without a nice finish :p

Pallets are designed to withstand a lot of weight for a long period of time and are regularly abused massively in warehouses etc so should be ok for this, I hope so anyway! Time will tell.

Man of Honour

absolute mumbo jumbo and a lot of cheap bed bases have the supports to far apart and don't support the mattress properly.

Caporegime
absolute mumbo jumbo and a lot of cheap bed bases have the supports to far apart and don't support the mattress properly.

Only between the same types eg solid slats. There is a big difference between the same mattress on solid slats/sprung slats/sprung base unit.

We made that mistake once buying a mattress in a shop where it was on a different base to ours at home. It was totally different when we got it.

SO always try your mattress on the same type of base that you are going to use.

Soldato
Ooh. Bamboo flooring. Now there's an idea. Looking to replace the carpets in my living, dining and bedrooms.

How thick is it, roughly?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom