Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

POB

POB

Soldato
20161009_223512.jpg

:D

Soldato
Seems like an appropriate time to post my new purchase, built at the weekend. Super king ottoman to replace our old double. Now just need to upgrade the double mattress! :D The storage is cavernous.

a12_20161009_223958.jpg

a11_20161009_223957.jpg

Soldato
A new jacket for birthday, toasty warm and weighs hardly anything. Will be used as a mid layer when skiing and general wear as winter approaches

9nsVtCNh.jpg.png

Caporegime
Wait until you stub your toe on the pallets ;)

Well I do this with normal beds anyway so no difference for me! :D

Is it literally just a couple of pallets?

Technically, yes. But I have spent a weekend modifying, sanding and fitting them together. They're all secured together by brackets and screws on the inside so you can't see them :)

More info in a thread in the Home sub forum. :)

Soldato
Well I do this with normal beds anyway so no difference for me! :D

Technically, yes. But I have spent a weekend modifying, sanding and fitting them together. They're all secured together by brackets and screws on the inside so you can't see them :)

More info in a thread in the Home sub forum. :)

I like it :)

Soldato
Nice. I tip my hat to your dedication. I saved a load of pallets to make a large gate with last week. They were particularly large pallets with really long nails. As soon as I started pulling nails the wood split and it was such a ball ache I said to hell with it and just bought a nice solid gate from a timber merchant... So I appreciate the effort you put in! I'm clearly too lazy.

As for my new bed, after much persuading the GF finally conceded that bigger than a double would be more suitable as I'm broad and over 6ft. King size wasn't much if a step up from double IMO, may as well go the whole hog hey?. For years I've whinged about my legs hanging out and my back suffering.... Little people just don't appreciate do they!? :p

Caporegime
Nice. I tip my hat to your dedication. I saved a load of pallets to make a large gate with last week. They were particularly large pallets with really long nails. As soon as I started pulling nails the wood split and it was such a ball ache I said to hell with it and just bought a nice solid gate from a timber merchant... So I appreciate the effort you put in! I'm clearly too lazy.

As for my new bed, after much persuading the GF finally conceded that bigger than a double would be more suitable as I'm broad and over 6ft. King size wasn't much if a step up from double IMO, may as well go the whole hog hey?. For years I've whinged about my legs hanging out and my back suffering.... Little people just don't appreciate do they!? :p

Haha well I'm only 5ft 7 :D GF is 5ft not a lot. So a King is plenty for us :D

On the note of the pulling nails yeah it seems to be pot luck. I had to use a pair of heavy duty grips to straighten the nails from underneath then carefully ply the planks of wood out. I don't think pallets were designed to be disassembled :D

I spent about 15-16 hours in total including modifying the big pallet, sanding and fitting it all together. Quite proud of the end result! :)

Get the Mrs banged on the pallet bed Phate :D

lmao, would you like a report of some description? :p

She gets home tomorrow ;)

Soldato
Seems like an appropriate time to post my new purchase, built at the weekend. Super king ottoman to replace our old double. Now just need to upgrade the double mattress! :D The storage is cavernous.

a12_20161009_223958.jpg

a11_20161009_223957.jpg

Do you have kids? If so cut the pull strap so it is just two pieces as there was some kid who was ****ing about with it, got their head stuck in the loop and the bed worked as a hydraulic assist hanging machine.

Back
Top Bottom