Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Good god. The stuff people will argue about... :rolleyes:

For what its worth, I don't know what the best way to donate is. Maybe giving money is better overall if they use it to buy wholesale food. But its a moot point. We were not asked for money. Each team at my work was given a food donation box and asked (if possible) to bring in any canned or dry food that could be spared. Even if it was just one tin.

I had the money to spare and I just felt like going the extra mile as a one off. End of story.

Soldato
Are you all really arguing about whether donating food to homeless people is good or bad?

Really.

It's bad. That means I will go hungry and have to buy more food, and take my personal helicopter to do shopping.

Best to leave hungry people go hungry so they don't get in my way whilst I drive around in my 10 hypercars and yacht.

Soldato
I've used a food bank and that is exactly the sort of thing you are given. As it only opened once a week, their choices are obviously very restricted. All that can be stored in a cupboard with no refrigerator costs/space/electric/etc. It really was all tinned food, pasta, rice, biscuits, cereal, cartons of long life milk etc. There was no way they could handle any other kind of produce - not even bread. And all of it was donated by people and not bought with money. You'd get things like cartons of del monte juice which costs a relative fortune in with some supermarket own brand beans. Clearly no one in charge of any kind of finances is buying that.

BTW, they're really not for the homeless. You need at least an electric hob/kitchen utensils to make use of that lot. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
BTW, they're really not for the homeless. You need at least an electric hob/kitchen utensils to make use of that lot. :p

True. I don't think its meant for the homeless either. Its for people in low income areas. People that have homes, even jobs, but still struggle to cope because of low pay and high energy bills. I looked up their website and it says they give people a 3 days worth of food. A large share of the food goes to children.

Commissario
These one litre bottles are currently fifteen quid in JS.

booze-20161210-190408.jpg

V F

V F

Soldato
34of24x.jpg

My work's doing a collection drive for a local foodbank. Helps people in poverty by providing food parcels. A lot of the time its people that are working too. Must suck hard to be in full time employment and still being in a position where you have to choose between heating your house or eating.

Anyway, I may have gone a little overboard. Only intended to buy a few tins of stuff. Maybe £10 of stuff at most. But I kept finding stuff on special offer and chucking it into the trolly. Didn't even buy anything for myself. Was a hell of a sweat lugging that lot back to the house.

Ah well. Tis the season, right?

I do love John West's tuna and salmon.

So unreal in this modern day how people in work or rather low paid jobs still struggling so much. In fact people have been in good jobs but they haven't had a wage rise in a very long time. Quite a predicament for 2016/17. :/

Caporegime
WTF is wrong with some people? Craig went out of his way to help those less fortunate than himself at his own expense and people are saying it's wrong and self indulgent? Seriously? What have you ****s done to help charity lately?

Honestly some people need to get a life. Grow the **** up and realise the world isn't all sunshine and unicorns.

Soldato
WTF is wrong with some people? Craig went out of his way to help those less fortunate than himself at his own expense and people are saying it's wrong and self indulgent? Seriously? What have you ****s done to help charity lately?

Honestly some people need to get a life. Grow the **** up and realise the world isn't all sunshine and unicorns.

He told me you're on his first stop :p

Back
Top Bottom