Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Playing games I played on the PS3.

Friend got me Red Dent Redemption and I got Gout of War for £7.99.

KgSsABo.jpg

Soldato
That's a lot of storage sticks.. what MB you using that can take 4 M.2's ??
They'll be going into one of these running OpenMediaVault. Use case is low power (compared to the current energy hungry setup) and low noise network attached storage.

To go along with the SSD's, I've just taken delivery of a 3D printed case for the CM3588 in a nice subtle colour.

LpoS5DH.jpeg

Soldato
Power draw compared to just getting a high spec prebuilt NAS?

Yep. I already have a NAS (Synology DS1815+) which has 8 HD's in it. It's loud and power hungry. A CM3588 will be silent (it should cope fine being passively cooled) and use much less power.

I'll regain space too which is always nice.

Performance of the CM3588 isn't going to be earth shattering but it'll be absolutely fine for my needs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally signed up for Starlink, had been weighing up the benefit of Owning/Renting and jumping back and forth. It's €225 to buy the kit, or €10 to rent. Renting felt like it made more sense as that payback period is ~2 years and i wasn't sure what advancements they'd make, so rental felt more flexible where you could return it and not worry about broken/outdated equipment.
However the newer Gen3 kit is only US based and doesn't seem to offer much vs the Gen 2, so given it's going to be a while since that's available over here anyway it made sense to just lock it in. Plus it's deductible through the wifes self employed assessment which lessens the cost

xRQaFLD.png

Not sure i needed this many emails though!

Zpc5uEP.png

Last edited:
Soldato
this arrived today, purchased so I can "quietly" listen to some music int he garden when practicing some golf!

Amazing they sound dented, £40 well spent for sure!!!

DSO5geD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom