Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
I can look into those ships, I am fairly sure I will have date on them somewhere in my collection, it is fairly all encompassing from 1800 forward.

That's something I'm finding: it's fairly comprehensive during that time period and there is a lot online for researchers like me - I've even managed to get hold of his service record. When the document on him is all done I'll post his naval career and the photos I've unearthed in the militaria thread, if you're interested.

Soldato
G
Need to get a new TV unit and wall mounted TV... But until I can afford new TV I won't bother... It will be a later in the year job :p

You also need a new TV or move sofa to be allot closer.
That TV must look so small sitting on that sofa surely?
I currently watch a 42 inch at 2meters away and I find that too far away (but can't move closer due to the space I have). About 1.5m would be perfect.

Associate
5OQtn1G.jpg

Technically this was a Christmas gift from my mum rather than something I bought myself. But it's not quite what it seems. It's not just a picture. It's actually a record cover mounted in a frame. The record is inside it too.

It has a lot of special meaning for me. It was a record (well actually an audio story) that I used to love playing as a child. It got me interested in science fiction which led to me being interested in science and technology. That led to my love of computers which resulted in a career in the industry, which was directly responsible for meeting my wife and now of course my children.

It is the actual record my parents had as a child and it has been mounted carefully to prevent damage to it. It can be removed easily from the back. I casually mentioned to my mum that I would like to mount it in a frame to go in the office room when it's finished and she got it mounted as a surprise for me.

You, me and no doubt many others can relate to all the things you just said. I had to make do with a copy on tape.

Associate
I picked up a set of new headphones as I found having to constantly be mindful of a lead while moving about an entirely tedious affair. Decided on the P7 Wireless after reading many reviews. I have B&W home cinema speakers so was expecting great things, the headphones do not disappoint, by far and large the best headphones I have ever used. I also picked up a cheap pair of C5 earphones for the gym, they sound decent enough for small earphones but don't hold a candle to the P7s.
2nkml34.jpgi

Also picked up a Dyson V8 hoover as the Mrs was complaining our corded hoover is too heavy. The Dyson is simply incredible, she uses it most days as it's so much easier to use and has completely replaced our corded hoover. Win.

Last edited:
Associate
5OQtn1G.jpg

Technically this was a Christmas gift from my mum rather than something I bought myself. But it's not quite what it seems. It's not just a picture. It's actually a record cover mounted in a frame. The record is inside it too.

It has a lot of special meaning for me. It was a record (well actually an audio story) that I used to love playing as a child. It got me interested in science fiction which led to me being interested in science and technology. That led to my love of computers which resulted in a career in the industry, which was directly responsible for meeting my wife and now of course my children.

It is the actual record my parents had as a child and it has been mounted carefully to prevent damage to it. It can be removed easily from the back. I casually mentioned to my mum that I would like to mount it in a frame to go in the office room when it's finished and she got it mounted as a surprise for me.

Saw the live show in 2012 and was listening to the modern version this morning!

Soldato
Also picked up a Dyson V8 hoover as the Mrs was complaining our corded hoover is too heavy. The Dyson is simply incredible, she uses it most days as it's so much easier to use and has completely replaced our corded hoover. Win.

I wasn't sure when I first got our one. Now we love it, like you say, it's so much easier just to pick up and run round quickly.

Soldato
I picked up a set of new headphones as I found having to constantly be mindful of a lead while moving about an entirely tedious affair. Decided on the P7 Wireless after reading many reviews. I have B&W home cinema speakers so was expecting great things, the headphones do not disappoint, by far and large the best headphones I have ever used. I also picked up a cheap pair of C5 earphones for the gym, they sound decent enough for small earphones but don't hold a candle to the P7s.
http://i63.tinypic.com/2nkml34.jpgi[img]

Also picked up a Dyson V8 hoover as the Mrs was complaining our corded hoover is too heavy. The Dyson is simply incredible, she uses it most days as it's so much easier to use and has completely replaced our corded hoover. Win.[/QUOTE]

Those P7s look epic. I have some [S]really good earphones[/S] ME05s which IMO are great but want some decent headphones and they look nice. Might do some research :)

Man of Honour

My new band are playing Eve Off War and Forever Autumn from that album. The guitar I linked to will be playing those tunes.

Back
Top Bottom