Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Associate
Some pipework, expansion vessel and filter ready for new boiler:
JnErwoD.jpg

Some radiators to connect to above pipes
dGKQ3zE.jpg
tmLe4

Soldato
And people should consider that when driving you can only really listen to books/music/the radio/make calls... on a train you can do work, watch stuff, etc (depending on space :p).
Meh. It was always an arse ache getting a seat when I commuted by train. They were often late or cancelled too.

Plus you're limited to working within a certain distance of a station. Currently I'd have a 20 min walk either end and would have to leave about 30 mins earlier.

Associate
But you didn't take into consideration the value of the car, the maintenance, MOT, insurance, consumables. On average it's a couple of grand a year - okay so still less, but it's becoming less of a gap. :)

TBH as long as you're paying less than a month's salary for a year's worth of a travel I think that works out to be good value. :)

Yup.

• £400 for insurance
  • £200 for Service
  • £40 for MOT
  • £180 for VED
  • £200 for consumables

Adds up to around a grand...

The car cost me £2k three and a half years ago, isn't really worth anything any more (webuyanycar.com [other crappy car purchasing companies are available {Angus Higgins ;)}] offered me £75 for it, last year \o/) so the only value it has is to me, and if it saves me a couple of grand on the cost of a train ticket then I'm happy :)

Man of Honour
Yup.

• £400 for insurance
  • £200 for Service
  • £40 for MOT
  • £180 for VED
  • £200 for consumables

Adds up to around a grand...

The car cost me £2k three and a half years ago, isn't really worth anything any more (webuyanycar.com [other crappy car purchasing companies are available {Angus Higgins ;)}] offered me £75 for it, last year \o/) so the only value it has is to me, and if it saves me a couple of grand on the cost of a train ticket then I'm happy :)

Fair enough. Always an exception that proves the rule. :) Long may it continue to bring you cheap commuting!

Costs me over 600 for a set of tyres on my car! :p

Associate
Why have you fitted an external vessel
Because of the loop size my plumber reckoned it would be better/need one. I'm going to have two underfloor loops and radiators so there'll be a fair amount of pipework/water.

You don't normally get tall radiators in a house do you? I've never seen a radiator in a normal house like that...
Well you have now ;)
The old radiator was further along the wall and narrowed the hallway, we thought we use a vertical radiator to open the space up a bit.

V F

V F

Soldato
How is the heat in that area versus the normal rectangular radiators? Do you also use those automatic air bleeding valves?

Associate
How is the heat in that area versus the normal rectangular radiators? Do you also use those automatic air bleeding valves?
I've no idea at the moment, once it's all connected up I'll try and let you know.
No idea about bleed valves, can't remember what my plumber said in regards to bleeding and topping up the system.

Soldato
Bought fancy garden furniture (2k), experienced the worst delivery experience ever

1. the table was missing, the drivers said they couldn't find the parcel in the morning for it
2. Corner part of the sofa had significant frame damage, plus one of the feet was one inch too high, not sure how it passed QA as box was pristine
3. To cap it off the drivers damaged our front door (decent dent). Thanks to them trying to force everything in at speed

Ordered via a department store, came direct from supplier. Looking forward to what they offer us on Tuesday!

You don't normally get tall radiators in a house do you? I've never seen a radiator in a normal house like that...

We have a really nice 3 column tall radiator approx 1800mm tall to be installed in our extension very soon. It is because it is a large space and the ceiling is very tall.

We also have an external expansion vessel given our unvented system

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
We have a really nice 3 column tall radiator approx 1800mm tall to be installed in our extension very soon. It is because it is a large space and the ceiling is very tall.

We also have an external expansion vessel given our unvented system
what's the room height got to do with it? you know heats rises?:p

Back
Top Bottom