Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Suspended
I was lucky, when I was a civil servant I got an interest free loan from the company for my travel card. Still the same money but lessened the blow a bit not having to cough up all at once.

Mind you, isn't a season ticket loan standard for most decent companies nowadays?

Soldato
14 Quid a day seems pretty reasonable for a 120ish mile round trip?

If I worked 7 days a week sure, but it's closer to £26 given I only work 5.

However your point is a decent one. For a 150 mph train, with seats and power sockets for every commuter during rush hour it is a comfortable, fast and good service that I can't complain about. I am considerably more comfortable than when I used to commute in from zone 3 or the Surrey suburbs and it isn't much longer. Plus I get to go to the seaside for a picnic after work in the Summer after a day working in central London if I want.

V F

V F

Soldato
What's she meant to be doing? Can't listen with sound at work but it looks like she's just poking, prodding and annoying the spider with a wall.

Its the husbands spider. He was trying to get her to get used to working with it.

20170428_102858.jpg

2nd Delivery my S8+

Damn, that is long. That is how I expected the iPhone 7 Plus to look as the Plus still looks standard small.

Soldato
Question about table.

Its this table

http://www.very.co.uk/avery-reversible-coffee-table/1459688726.prd?_requestid=116149&Ntt=walnut coffee

I got it for £60

If I worked 7 days a week sure, but it's closer to £26 given I only work 5.

However your point is a decent one. For a 150 mph train, with seats and power sockets for every commuter during rush hour it is a comfortable, fast and good service that I can't complain about. I am considerably more comfortable than when I used to commute in from zone 3 or the Surrey suburbs and it isn't much longer. Plus I get to go to the seaside for a picnic after work in the Summer after a day working in central London if I want.

The daily price for the year cost is based on a 5 day week as they assume most people are using it for commuting so want to give a realistic daily cost to the buyer.

Man of Honour
I was lucky, when I was a civil servant I got an interest free loan from the company for my travel card. Still the same money but lessened the blow a bit not having to cough up all at once.

Mind you, isn't a season ticket loan standard for most decent companies nowadays?

Yeah most do - but I didn't want to go that route, and i'm lucky enough to be able to afford to pay it upfront without a loan. Besides, it means that I don't get a reduced salary every month :p

That said in my previous role, I got a 75% rebate on my season ticket - I sometimes miss the public sector!

It doesn't work out to be too bad per day - it's just the upfront cost that can be a little bit of a blow. But ultimately, I need to get to work, so I need to pay somehow. I generally get a seat, and my commute isn't too brutal (only about 80mins, 45 of which is on 1 train) so I can't really complain.

The COUNTRYSIDE? Weirdo :p

I'm not a city person :p

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Those train ticket costs.... uuugh don't evny that!

I'd rather live in a shanty shack in the sticks whilst whittling spoons to get by than spend that much money just to get to work and back.

At least a car is mostly in your control and can be used fr traveling almost anywhere. But that cost is on top of owning a car for most. I clearly don't earn enough, but I'll never live or work in a city so not relevant haha.

Soldato
Not strictly a 'purchase' but I had to put £100 on it to get it. Got myself a Monzo card. Had it for a few days now but have been really impressed and should help me with my budgeting much more. Going to try and ditch my other cards and only use Monzo for a few weeks to see how I get on. Though if things keep up I think I'll get a current account with them once they start supporting it. Only downside so far is that it's not yet supported with Apple Pay.

Also got MK8 DX at home but can't take a picture of that as I haven't been home to grab the parcel yet!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Those train ticket costs.... uuugh don't evny that!

I'd rather live in a shanty shack in the sticks whilst whittling spoons to get by than spend that much money just to get to work and back.

At least a car is mostly in your control and can be used fr traveling almost anywhere. But that cost is on top of owning a car for most. I clearly don't earn enough, but I'll never live or work in a city so not relevant haha.

If you break it down on a per day cost, it's not that much really. And that gives me unlimited travel around London too. It's only £300 or so a month, which you'd have to pay for fuel/insurance/maintenance of your car.

Whilst I like driving, it's nice to be able to sit down and not worry about driving, you can read, which is something you can't do when driving. And you're not in control of the traffic - though I am a Southern Rail sufferer so I should be more down trodden than I am!

It's probably why I don't put many miles on my 350z!! But it means it's more of a pleasure when I do get out in it.

Associate
It's over £10k per year from Stroud/Kemble to London Zones 1-6, yet there's still enough people who are willing to do it to fill the first two 125s of the day. Then there is the 90min journey each way, don't know how they do it (friend's brother-in-law always looks like a zombie).

Man of Honour
It's over £10k per year from Stroud/Kemble to London Zones 1-6, yet there's still enough people who are willing to do it to fill the first two 125s of the day. Then there is the 90min journey each way, don't know how they do it (friend's brother-in-law always looks like a zombie).

Coffee.... Lots and lots of coffee! :D

Man of Honour
That is crazy.

First class for me is about £5.6k or so (no free coffee!), but for only 45mins on the train I didn't want to pay for it. Sure, I'm pretty much guaranteed a seat... but having an extra £2k in the pocket is much nicer!

Back
Top Bottom