Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Man of Honour
I'm sure I'll get some 4k content in time. But to be honest for the price difference it made sense to just go for the 4k tv
4k is going to be murderous on hardware too. Going to be a while before things like the Roku are a reasonable price for something that natively supports 4K

The FX4300 in my server already struggles to do a 1:1 bluray rip encoded in HEVC

Man of Honour
4k is going to be murderous on hardware too. Going to be a while before things like the Roku are a reasonable price for something that natively supports 4K

The FX4300 in my server already struggles to do a 1:1 bluray rip encoded in HEVC

Indeed. But it'll probably upscale so might as well.

SOme 4k TVS scale fantastically plus its likely to be better quality than your old 1080p TV anyway

For sure.

Though there were only 3 channels so you didnt need to get up very often

Those were the days - tv was so crap (it's not much better now) that I used to want to go outside rather than be indoors!

Soldato

Software encoding/decoding is always going to be inefficient. As soon as there's hardware support, it'll find its way into even cheap streaming devices quickly.

Soldato
I can remember getting out of chair and walking over to the TV - turning volume up and going back and sitting down - All this in my life time. :D and it was B&W 12"

Back
Top Bottom