Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Some people say there's nothing better than a pizza, those people do not have two pizzas!

pizza.jpg

Just about to order our Pizza ;) we was going to go through the freezer see what we could whack together but then the missus seen to post and said 'I could eat a pizza' meaning Spend your money please :p

Soldato
FO4_zpsgrndzwit.jpg

Latest ones I got are the two T-60's on the right, all are still in the boxes until I can finish off my room and work out where I want to display them.

Last edited:
Tea Drinker
Don
Oil will make it darker and more golden.

Read the Howdens literature they are quite specific about what oil to use as the veneer delaminates with certain oils.

Mine are Danish oiled and have been fine though

Associate
Therisonlyone

Very nice neat and tidy setup, even my wife commented on it and she doesn't even take note of any of my own pc stuff. She even said what are the sticks for and then said why haven't I got them (if that isn't permission to buy one then what is). I see you have a rift from the sensor above monitor, any good WW2 flight sims that I can use with the hotas and rift?

Associate
Therisonlyone

Very nice neat and tidy setup, even my wife commented on it and she doesn't even take note of any of my own pc stuff. She even said what are the sticks for and then said why haven't I got them (if that isn't permission to buy one then what is). I see you have a rift from the sensor above monitor, any good WW2 flight sims that I can use with the hotas and rift?

Gosh, high praise indeed :D

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad has has a recent VR update and it's very well implemented. The guy on the video below doing the review is hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suha1nuAzS0

Edit: Also worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pt8G9VDAUA

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Fantastic, collecting them for honey or just to look after them? What sort of bee's are they? I know they're obviously Queen Bees/Wasps etc.

mostly just to look after them, the honey is a nice side benefit & may help cover some of their cost - amazing how expensive all the kit is! - they are honey bees, just workers in that photo, need to do a proper inspection this friday and maybe put their first honey super on :)

Soldato
I considered buying some of this recently. Loved it back in the day.

You won't regret it if you do. All I say is, try both edt, and edp on your skin as they do smell different. You may prefer one over the other.

I got a load of compliments on Saturday night with this stuff on :D

Associate
FO4_zpsgrndzwit.jpg

Latest ones I got are the two T-60's on the right, all are still in the boxes until I can finish off my room and work out where I want to display them.

Nice!

If your putting them all on display like me then i'd advise putting them behind some display case.

I had my T-60 all setup on a high shelf and for no reason at all it took a tumble but luckily no parts broken. I've ordered a custom acrylic display case from www.acrylicdisplaycases.co.uk. It will mean they won't need dusting and the acrylic is 90% UV proof so will protect your investment. I've had cases from these before and the acrylic is top quality and only needs a slight buffing with a soft cloth.

Associate
Thanks. I looked for a long, long time to find the right one for us. It's made by featureDECO:

https://www.featuredeco.co.uk/5pc-high-back-modular-corner-sofa-set-tri-weave-rattan-furniture-6523

The weave is really nice:

Ordered it last Sunday and it arrived on Wednesday.

Edit: ... and the cushions are really comfortable too with good quality material.

We travelled into their store in Walsall and placed an order for an 'in stock item' and paid in full, delivery was verbally confirmed for this week and now we have been sent an email
to say 'Sorry your item is out of stock' and more are shipping on a boat from wherever they are made. They just said we will expect delivery around mid-june for our order so I have cancelled
as they have messed us about before when we ordered a table and chairs and then could not deliver on the parasol.

Associate
We travelled into their store in Walsall and placed an order for an 'in stock item' and paid in full, delivery was verbally confirmed for this week and now we have been sent an email
to say 'Sorry your item is out of stock' and more are shipping on a boat from wherever they are made. They just said we will expect delivery around mid-june for our order so I have cancelled
as they have messed us about before when we ordered a table and chairs and then could not deliver on the parasol.

Sorry to hear you had a very bad experience with them. My order went very smoothly and the furniture is of a high quality so extremely pleased. Just goes to show how customer service can be a lottery with some companies :(

Hope you get something suitable sorted soon.

Associate
Sorry to hear you had a very bad experience with them. My order went very smoothly and the furniture is of a high quality so extremely pleased. Just goes to show how customer service can be a lottery with some companies :(

Hope you get something suitable sorted soon.

We bought our garden table and chairs from them some years ago and are pleased with them so the quality seems to be there but I think their supply chain is somewhat problematic. I cancelled the order for now but might re-order once they have stock, they say mid-june but the actual delivery date could be even longer.

Back
Top Bottom