Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
I did for a couple of weeks, i've got an idea in my head for a cpu only loop though i want to try.

Yeah, it never stops for long!. :)

I bought one of those bequiet silent loop 120 AIO coolers the other day and threw the original rad, tubing and fittings straight in the bin and attached a much thicker rad and normal sized tubing and fittings but i think i have to do it properly again.

Man of Honour

I have one, so far so good.

Disappointing they are not 1080P, instead 720P and the battery life is not as good as they suggest, certainly at first anyway as you will keep having a nose at your house. But other than that I am pleased with them, find the motion detection and night vision works well and they seem to work with the app really nicely.

Soldato
As I said my comparison to the GTC is an Audi TT so for me it was a worse comparison but as you say it still feels very stable and handles reasonably. I haven't tried the companion app yet, im not sure it will work as I don't have the full infotainment system only the basic radio.

I think you need to have OnStar for it to work.

Soldato
Would be interested in how you get on with this. I like the idea but I'n unsure how secure the devices are from getting nicked if you decide to host externally and whether or not the cloud based platform is as restrictive as some individuals claim.

They look cool, they must have batteries in. How long do they last? How do you recharge them?

Unless you mount them out of reach, they're very easy to nick.

Cloud based platform I'm not fond of personally... I prefer control over it and no subscription for longer storage periods.

They're only 720p...

I picked up some much better resolution HikVision PoE cameras for about £80 each instead.

I just read up on the specifications of the Arlo Pro and a little surprised they're only 720p. Definitely not for me then.

I've had some for a month now and they've used about 4% battery life but that also includes setting up and configuring them.

I have one, so far so good.

Disappointing they are not 1080P, instead 720P and the battery life is not as good as they suggest, certainly at first anyway as you will keep having a nose at your house. But other than that I am pleased with them, find the motion detection and night vision works well and they seem to work with the app really nicely.

They are held onto the supplied magnetic (strong) mounts and would be easy to swipe, suppose it depends where you mount them.

720 and cloud based (free 1gig storage) is fine for me, they're not really for security as such more to watch various wildlife coming and going in the garden

So easy to setup and the app works well as does the night vision and motion detection - batteries should last for months depending on number of activations

They are, in my case, a bit of a gimmick and certainly wouldn't have paid full price for them, but at virtually half price, brand new and unopened I thought I'd give them a whirl

So far, so good :)

Man of Honour
They are held onto the supplied magnetic (strong) mounts and would be easy to swipe, suppose it depends where you mount them.

720 and cloud based (free 1gig storage) is fine for me, they're not really for security as such more to watch various wildlife coming and going in the garden

So easy to setup and the app works well as does the night vision and motion detection - batteries should last for months depending on number of activations

They are, in my case, a bit of a gimmick and certainly wouldn't have paid full price for them, but at virtually half price, brand new and unopened I thought I'd give them a whirl

So far, so good :)

Same as me really. I don't need industrial security due to my location and my wife wanted to keep track of her guinea pigs in the garden when she is at work and I wanted to see anyone arriving at the property. Already caught a delivery driver drop kicking a box to my front door!!

Soldato
My ebike is getting old & rusty so I'm getting bits in to build a new one.
Current motor is just 200 watt so this should kick arse somewhat !

Gotta save up for the battery which is nigh on double the cost of the hub !

Whats sort of speed can these bikes do? I was quite surprised when a mobility scooter went flying past me the other day, up a hill! Seems motor/battery tech is making some big advances.

Back
Top Bottom