Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
IMG_20170903_130445.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
This arrived today!

I know a few things and numbers, but not enough to converse with anyone and after speaking to new friends in Japan, it's motivated me enough to start learning.

Friends recommend this first before trying Genki which is meant to be harder (also more expensive). Already learned the first 5 letters. So feeling pretty confident. :p

I started off with that book as it was the one my teacher was using and found it a lot better than the Japanese for Busy People books most of the language schools seem to use around here.

Soldato
I started off with that book as it was the one my teacher was using and found it a lot better than the Japanese for Busy People books most of the language schools seem to use around here.

Did you like it?

I researched a lot before choosing one and people said, this was really good for beginners as it takes it very slow compared to Genki which people also recommend and hype about, It also has the youtube video series linked to it too, so I felt it was the best choice.

I had a quick look in the book and it seems to be what I want. I got a second book arriving next week, same series, but it's just for Hiragana and Kanji.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Did you like it?

I researched a lot before choosing one and people said, this was really good for beginners as it takes it very slow compared to Genki which people also recommend and hype about, It also has the youtube video series linked to it too, so I felt it was the best choice.

I had a quick look in the book and it seems to be what I want. I got a second book arriving next week, same series, but it's just for Hiragana and Kanji.

The first copy i had was an early edition and had quite a few errors in it but i did get a later version which was a lot better. I liked it yes, it's a good starting point and is good for beginners (which Japanese for Busy People is not, particularly with the romanji version). I can't comment on the Genki books as I haven't used them.

Back
Top Bottom