Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
An indoor smart cycling trainer....... for the bad weather days/evenings

36350936804_a045acea7d_b.jpg

Needs a red traffic light so can practice carrying on thru it

AS5 and a rather expensive thermal pad.

Decided to redo the thermal paste on my laptop's CPU and GPU, because as you can see Dell clearly didn't give a crap. :p

ufvrKIH.jpg.png 4R6qx10.jpg.png

I am not familiar with the 'poor a bottle of thermal paste over the CPU' method :D

An indoor smart cycling trainer....... for the bad weather days/evenings

36350936804_a045acea7d_b.jpg

Not even into bikes but that looks a really impressive set up.
You just need another TV and a snack bar next to you and you're good to go.

Soldato
How loud are these things? Would you be able to get away with one in a bedroom above a living room at all?

The Tacx Neo being a electromagnetic resistance unit is as loud as your bikes chain gear. Fans would likely be louder. The Neo also simulates road surfaces so that might pass through the flooring so a thick mat would helpful.

The cheaper Vortex unit and other entry level SMART trainers have fairly loud roller resistance units so not ideal in that situation.

Soldato
New camera, Panasonic Lumix G7:

DSC_0326_1.jpg

Really odd thing is, it can do 1080p at 60 FPS and 4K at 30 FPS fine and Panasonic advertise it as such, but out of the box it's locked to 50 FPS and 25 FPS in those modes, you have to use a special setting to get it to switch to 60 and 30 lol.

Soldato
That will be because in 25 fps was historically the standard encoding for analogue tv - PAL.
Yeah I figured that but seeing as PAL died years before the camera was ever designed and it's designed for HD/4K photo video it's kinda crazy that it uses 90's style FPS lol.

I mean I could be wrong here but I don't recall them every making 50Hz 720p TVs let alone 1080p ones...

Soldato
Daahcams are a piece of tech I really advocate having, amazingly useful and such a good safeguard against insurance scammers and other road idiots, £50 can end up saving you a lot of money if you had an accident.

Soldato
The Tacx Neo being a electromagnetic resistance unit is as loud as your bikes chain gear. Fans would likely be louder. The Neo also simulates road surfaces so that might pass through the flooring so a thick mat would helpful.

The cheaper Vortex unit and other entry level SMART trainers have fairly loud roller resistance units so not ideal in that situation.

The Neo is quiet but IME still transmits quite a lot of vibration through the floor. I'd be happy using it above my own living room but maybe not if I lived in a flat.

Associate
You've clearly not used a trainer lol they were trying to work on VR Zwift, but it's trying to do it in a way that you're not sweating on everything. You sweat like MAD.

Oh I have...so what if you need a replacement every session! Jokes aside, it'd be kinda fun but I can also imagine it leading to falling off the trainer very easily. So make sure there's a camera recording to send into FailArmy!

Back
Top Bottom