Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Hitman
Soldato
ASXyJ88.jpg

Gekko Gripper. Wanted to hide some cables behind the wall, but the wall in question was dot n' dab so no straight way down, thought I'd give magnets a go. Took about 30 seconds to find a route down and another 30 seconds to hide 3 cables! Great bit of kit, the magnets are super strong.

Permabanned

Good price for the 55"... but yes, that's the 55" and I got the 65" (for £2799 including 6 year warranty)... got the Oppo from them too, their after sales is the best of any retailer I've ever dealt with. I actually wanted the C7 because I prefer the stand, but because that's limited to Currys, who have terrible after sales, and with the panel lottery - I went with the B7 from RS. The B7 stand and surround actually looks really good in the flesh, so isn't the compromise I was expecting.

Won't be feeling the need to upgrade to anything larger than 65" in a hurry - it looks bigger at home than in a store and really dwarfs my 55".

Life of pi and planet earth 2 are incredible in 4K HDR, you’ll be amazed at the quality.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to them... Wifey chose Lucy for our first watch last night.

The colours are wonderful, I seem to have won the panel lottery as I can't notice any imbalance in the colours across the panel (although I'll do some proper testing, probably at the weekend) and the motion etc is really good... far surpassing my 55" Samsung QLED is every aspect.

The Oppo has blown my socks off... I didn't realise how much of a controlled punch my ageing 300W Kef sub could deliver until I got this player - highly enjoyable... and the picture quality from it is just as exceptional... I can see why it's rated so highly.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
ASXyJ88.jpg

Gekko Gripper. Wanted to hide some cables behind the wall, but the wall in question was dot n' dab so no straight way down, thought I'd give magnets a go. Took about 30 seconds to find a route down and another 30 seconds to hide 3 cables! Great bit of kit, the magnets are super strong.

I was sceptical, watched a video demo and have now ordered. This is an ace idea.

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe you can get her in for your birtdoy :D

Got some new shoes, Oxfords, not Brogues.

rps20171008_150330_594.jpg
Are they not monk straps, rather than Oxfords?

Soldato
How on earth did you manage that?

Static electricity I guess? Nothing else to explain it, I do always try to ground myself or touch something metal before hand, but guess it didn't help.

I was unplugging some GPU cables at the same time, reaching at the back of the PC to insert a HDMI cable to my GPU while the PC was running (done it so many times, never had problems) and I guess with me poking the back of the GPU trying to get the cable in, some static electricity from my hand or the cable itself? Must had shocked the sound card in some way, since they close together.

Can't think of anything else to explain it, it was working before and then it wasn't. Just like that.

Now everytime I try to use it, the PC will hang in boot up, which am guessing it's detected the card, but there is a major fault, while also sometimes letting me load up, but Windows won't detect the card or it detects it and loses it again.

The second sound card, the Asus one, Windows won't detect it at all now, but am blaming Windows for that, since it was working before the forced restart and then it wasn't. I did suspect the PCI port itself.

Yeah lessons learned in the end, don't mess with the PC when it's running. :)

Back
Top Bottom