Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
RNHD7w.jpg

Picked up a few seasonal treats from ebay. Always wanted to try Boo Berry cereal :D

Soldato
New sofa and speakers arrived today :D Temporary setup as we're going to go TV stand & speaker stand shopping tomorrow (and clothes, dang it).

IMG_0074 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

IMG_0075 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

IMG_0077 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

Why did you opt for floorstanders for the rear surrounds out of interest?

I'd always recommend floorstanders for the front channels, but the general consensus seems to be that the rear speakers should be decent bookshelf speakers so you can have them around ear height level.

Permabanned
A new piece of glass

And finally got round to replacing the cracked lens cap for the Tamron. Either breaking or losing lens caps and hoods, that's been my "thing" all year :rolleyes:

Love those Ls, my personal favourite is the 85 1.2 though, something magical about it

Why did you opt for floorstanders for the rear surrounds out of interest?

I'd always recommend floorstanders for the front channels, but the general consensus seems to be that the rear speakers should be decent bookshelf speakers so you can have them around ear height level.

Those rears were my fronts before the upgrade. I wanted to see what these bits were like before getting the rear set too.

They’re doing an ok job, but I’ve already decided to get the Arendal rears... can hear the difference even though it’s not major it’s noticeable.

I loved those Kefs... these Arendals are on another level :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
You can never have too many speakers :)

You can in that room ;)
I reckon the neighbours may have a different opinion.
What neighbors?

Thats a nice setup no denying but I personally find it too dominating for the space available, personally I would've went with standmounts, enjoy it though I'm sure it sounds amazing.
Looking for new stand I can stick the center in so that will open the space up more... the rears don’t get in the way of anything.
Only thing I don't like is the centre. It's too big. Otherwise I think it's fine!
It’ll be integrated soon and horizontal... only like that now so it doesn’t get scratched.

V F

V F

Soldato
Please tell me that isn't your family lounge?

1. The Gift Horse — The best Crane brother rivalry episode ever, in my humble opinion. The one-upmanship in this episode tops all other because their focus is that of their father, Martin. The escalation is as follows: A calfskin wallet with a matching key case, a case of beer from a different micro brewery each month, binoculars, season tickets to the Seahawks, big screen TV with enormous speakers (aka Stonehenge), and Agides the horse.

Man of Honour
  1. The Gift Horse — The best Crane brother rivalry episode ever, in my humble opinion. The one-upmanship in this episode tops all other because their focus is that of their father, Martin. The escalation is as follows: A calfskin wallet with a matching key case, a case of beer from a different micro brewery each month, binoculars, season tickets to the Seahawks, big screen TV with enormous speakers (aka Stonehenge), and Agides the horse.

The sheer scale of the kit, the space it takes up and the fact it's more of a hifi listening room than a lounge you could live in. My wife would leave me if I tried to put that scale of kit in my garage let alone my lounge.

Back
Top Bottom