Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Caporegime
Cheapo laptop cooling pad. Normally when I game I have the laptop on my legs which blocks the vents in the bottom and results in both the laptop and my legs becoming ridiculously hot. Now they don't. I don't know if that's because of the fans, or the fact that there's now sufficient space underneath for the vents to draw air in, or both. Either way, it keeps my legs cool so it's worth it. :p

8WdcKF9.jpg.png

Insert key
Turn said key
Lock disengages
Push door/handle
Profit???

But on normal doors you have to pull the handle down first. Does this just swing open with a slight push then? Postman pushes a package through the letterbox and the door opens type of thing?

Soldato
But on normal doors you have to pull the handle down first. Does this just swing open with a slight push then? Postman pushes a package through the letterbox and the door opens type of thing?

Not all doors are like that. When you pull the door, I imagine the lock engages. Turn the key and the four/five other pins lock from the door to the frame. To open the door, turn the key the other way, pins disengage and then the main lock opens, you push the door open.

Associate
I don't think it's that unusual to have the letterbox at the bottom of the door is it?

I've looked around my street and about a quarter of the street have letterbox at the bottom the same as me.

Wigan...huh might have guessed:rolleyes:

With your particular door it's not only posties back when using letterbox but the risk of hitting his head on the oversized door handle when straightening back up:(

Possible solution: install centre front of door ........paint it black to match?
Naught boy !...No hotlinking

Associate

What the heck are you talking about? It's not exactly revolutionary. Google image search "front door" and you'll see that probably half of the front doors don't have a handle, they're the same as mine and use a key.

It's exactly the same kind of catch as any other door with a handle. Instead of pushing a handle down to open the door though, you put the key in and turn it. From the inside you turn a thumb turn.

Soldato
New microphone and stand.

20171018_185319.jpg

20171018_185259_001.jpg

Soldato
Well that looks like a miserable journey! You have to get from Heathrow to Gatwick as well :/

Why not take the train to FRA or fly from ZRH or something?
I did ZRH last month and it's a bit of a mission. I have to get a taxi from mine to basel station, which cost me 65CHF, then the train which is another 60, and it takes about 2hrs in total. It's just a bit of a mission. But I'd do it if it was massively improved. I don't mind this trip. Getting to LGW will be a pain though, but the rest will be all good. Luckily I'm alone. Travel will be fairly calm.

Back
Top Bottom