Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Caporegime
What you going use it for ?

As 500GB to big for an OS drive and to small for a steam/game drive
It's going in my work laptop. Virtual machines will be what it's used for.

Exciting, I know :p - work laptop currently also has a 500gb m.2 SSD so 1tb of solid state storage should see me through the next couple of years.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Doctor said I need to get out more with my dog and seek and find nature.So Bought some Altbergs. I have some Altberg Motorbike boots already. Love the fit and the quality and comfort are top notch. These Defenders are top quality and really comfy straight from the off.

Rq58R7sl.jpg

Cracking boot, and the service from Altberg is excellent.

Soldato
Thanks, I'll certainly look into them. I've not noticed any interference in terms of sound quality mind, would it be that noticeable spending an extra £65 on all that?

Pay no attention to it, it's nonsense.

I use these under my X300A's:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008PCBGKS

You think they sound good now put 100 hours on the speakers and you will really be blown away :)

This will also improve the sound quality by quite a margin:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AudioQuest-Jitterbug-Audioquest-USB-Filter/dp/B00YTA78FW/

Also swap out the crappy USB cables for these and again a nice sound improvement:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006NYGHM2/
This is some top tier nonsense.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
You can tell this product is aimed at foreigners since the word Sake merely mean alcohol, any alcoholic drink, as opposed to to a foreigner, who normally think of Japanese rice wine.

3iTEtAm.jpg.png
No sake is sake in Japan. Order sake and they bring you that and 2 little sake shot mugs (all minus the nestle branding).

Is actually aimed at Japanese, they are unusually bonkers for all things kit Kat

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I know they are bonkers about KitKat, each region have their speciality but Sake is just a word generic word for alcohol, it is not like Whiskey or Vodka. It merely mean
Google image search sake. You won't see many bottles without pure kanji labelling. It's not a foreigner myth.

It is exactly their whisky/vodka equivalent (not by volume obviously), they're proud of it. That and shochu

Caporegime
Google image search sake. You won't see many bottles without pure kanji labelling. It's not a foreigner myth.

It is exactly their whisky/vodka equivalent (not by volume obviously), they're proud of it. That and shochu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sake

In the Japanese language, the word "sake" (酒, "liquor", also pronounced shu) can refer to any alcoholic drink, while the beverage called "sake" in English is usually termed nihonshu (日本酒, "Japanese liquor").

p.s. the Kanji word - 酒, this one, is the same in Chinese for alcohol, which I can read, pronounce completely differently but same meaning.

And listen to IGN Gamescoop! podcast…fast forward to 39 min in for a fun little story. So sake flavour KitKat merely means Alcohol flavour KitKat, but not any specific alcohol.

EDIT - Although…..it does say 日本酒 in big letters….lol my bad ! I only read the small English words at the bottom "elegant taste of sake". It does say Japanese Alcohol at the top so in that regard, it is what we are talking about…..so ignore me.

/someone dig me a hole lol

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Aye they call it both nihonshu and sake, more usually 'osake' verbally with the honorific 'o'.

Never hear them say ogaikokujin tho... >.>

Associate
Doctor said I need to get out more with my dog and seek and find nature.So Bought some Altbergs. I have some Altberg Motorbike boots already. Love the fit and the quality and comfort are top notch. These Defenders are top quality and really comfy straight from the off.

Rq58R7sl.jpg

These are the military version supplied to UK troops - someone has sold their issued pair on to make some money, naughty, naughty. They are however, very good boots as I have been issued exactly the same.

Soldato
You can tell this product is aimed at foreigners since the word Sake merely mean alcohol, any alcoholic drink, as opposed to to a foreigner, who normally think of Japanese rice wine.

I hope you didn't buy that Kit Kat box in either duty free or from one of the Kit Kat shops ... the basement of Don Quixote in Shinjuku (and probably elsewhere) is normally good for picking up this sort of thing at a far cheaper price ...

Soldato
These are the military version supplied to UK troops - someone has sold their issued pair on to make some money, naughty, naughty. They are however, very good boots as I have been issued exactly the same.

Unfortunately they are the cheaply made versions.

The decent quality sets are made to sell via their factory shop not the ones issued to military.

Altberg sneekers or warriors are much better, but set you back around £140+ a pair.

If you like defenders though fair enough. I didn’t :) I preferred not to run in them either.

Back
Top Bottom